chp1

4054
Pov HueLiang:

At the time, I didn't completely understand the real meaning of the promise we made, Irénée and me, but now that I learned about it, the promise became even more important for me. Since that day, he and I became linked forever. Tomorrow, I will be 21, and we will finally be able to meet each other! I'm still a little bit scared that he forgot about me, but I will still wait for him forever!

Hueliang boss: WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING LOW DEMON!

While I was thinking about my past, i stopped washing the dishes and my boss was quite angry about that. In our country, demons rank are really important because it define who you are, and what you will do in life. Since I'm low demon, I wasn't able to study after highschool because there were no university who would have accepted me, and I didn't have money to pay for a school anyway. Because I don't have a dipploma, i can only do jobs that don't pay much. As a low demon, I also have a better chance of getting fired.

Hueliang Boss: I don't know why I hired a low demon such as yourself, you're stupid and useless!

When I heard the word useless, from my boss's mouth, I can't help but think about my father. After his bankruptcy, my dad started drinking, and he became more and more agressif towards me. On my tenth birthday, he learned that i was a low demon and the abuses increased. He would often insult me as a "Bastard", as a "good for nothing" and his favourite: "Useless". He often said those words while beating me for hours. This word became really stressful for me, causing me panic attacks, and it was exactly happening as I started hyperventiling. My vision was blurry and i was having troubles to listen to what my boss was saying.

Hueliang boss: Why are you breathing so much?!? Calm down! You're going to get injured if you continu...

My boss seemed desperate, without knowing what to do to calm me. After a few minutes, I started to feel better .

Hueliang boss: Do you feel better now?

Hueliang: Yes, much more. Thank you for your help...

My boss didn't help much, actually he was the cause of all of this, but at least he tried to help me.

Hueliang boss: I hope you will understand, but we can't keep you in this restaurant. You're crises can cause trouble with the customers...

Hueliang: So I'm fired?

Hueliang bos: Yes...

The man in front of me seemed to feel really bad after saying those words and firing me but I didn't care about that because, well, I just got fired! I was also mad at myself for letting my past affect me this way. After my boss left kitchen, I stayed on the ground for a while before wondering what I was still doing here since I was fired. So I stand up, went to my boss's office, gived back my apron and left by the back door. It was a little bit fresh outside because it was already night. I walked until I reach a bench, where I sat to watch the people passing by. I love to do that and imagine their life, the life I could have had if I wasn't a Low class demon. But I shouldn't be desparate! Tomorrow it's my birthday and I wil see Irénée again! I'm so happy and exited for that, even if I can't help but feel stressed that he forgot me. But I won't be angry at him if that happen because his only memory helped me to survive all those year.

While I was lost in my mind (again, I know) I didn't see the time passing and it was already late so I decided to go back home before it becomes dangerous.

Time skip:

As I'm getting closer to my house, I started  to see less and less people mainly because my neighborhood is poorly frequented. I live in an old appartement that has been damaged by time and people. I have 2 rooms, one for the bathroom/ toilet and one for my living room/ kitchen/ bedroom. It may seem bad for some people but as a low demon, it's the best I can afford and compared to the other places where I used to live, I'm quite happy about this house. After going to the toilet, I decided to bake something to eat. I loooove to cook even if most of the time, I make the same dishes. I thought for a while before deciding to cook a traditional chinese soup named "西红柿炒鸡蛋" composed of eggs and tomatos ( I don't know much about chinese culture, so please let me know if I'm wrong) because it was easy to make, cheap and delicious! Once I finished eating, I cleaned everything and prepared myself to sleep. I was so exited for tomorrow so I wanted to sleep early! I put my pajamas, brushed my teeths and took 2 sleeping pills. Since I was fifteen, I couldn't sleep without pills because I was scared to dream of my father, but with them, I didn't dream at all, wich was a good thing.

The next day:

-... ... ... ip...BIP...BIP...BII* click

While I stopped my alarm, I try to wake up but it was so hard that I took my phone to scroll trought social media, when I get a message:

Happy birthday HueLiang! Benefiting from 30% off on the entire store...

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! IT FINALLY CAME!!!

I stand up quikly, making my head turn, but I couldn't care less. I then started to head towards my bathroom, to take a shower. Once I finished, I went back to my other room to choose an outfit. After some times, I decided to wear a white shirt with a brown pants, a brown jacket and black shoes. By the time I finished, it was already 8am, but since I a took a day of from my other work, I choose to head directly toward the parc where we made our promise with Irénée. Nothing change, almost like the time has stop, waiting for us. After looking around for a while, I sat on a bench and started waiting...

________________________________________________________________________________

I finally finished the first chapter, sorry for making you wait... if you have any suggestion or you want to correct my english mistakes, I'm open. Thank you for reading!