Chapter 1

---

There was a girl named Kate who grew weary of the modern world. She lived in London with her parents, two younger sisters, and one older brother. Kate harbored an aversion to the city and its crowds, finding solace only in the pages of her books. She was timid and shy, her introverted disposition making life more challenging for her.

Kate was an admirer of nature; she felt most alive during holidays spent at her grandparents' beautiful countryside house. The rustling of leaves, birdsong filtering through the windows, and sleeping under the open sky brought her immense joy. However, as a student, she could only indulge in these escapes for short periods.

Upon graduating from high school, Kate enrolled in college, where she pursued literature as her main subject. She immersed herself in the world of fictional classic novels, yearning for the idealized figures depicted within their pages. Despite her efforts to find a partner, she found no one who matched the qualities of the fictional men she idealized.

One day, on the 18th of February, Kate visited the college library to borrow some books. Among the shelves, she came across a novel titled "Tragic Love," its cover captivating her attention. She decided to take it home and read it.

Upon reaching home, Kate retrieved the novel from her bag and opened it. To her astonishment, a soft yellow light emanated from its pages, enveloping her. Before she could comprehend what was happening, she lost consciousness.

When she regained consciousness, Kate found herself in a vast, antique room. Every aspect of her surroundings exuded an old-world charm—the framed portraits adorning the walls, the vintage dresses hanging in the wardrobe, and the intricate details of the ceiling and windows. Bewildered, Kate struggled to comprehend her situation.

Gathering her wits, Kate ventured outside the room, where she encountered the grandeur of the estate's gardens. The sight was breathtaking—a picturesque landscape featuring a tranquil pond and a myriad of vibrant flowers. Despite her confusion, Kate couldn't help but marvel at the beauty surrounding her.

As she explored the garden, Kate heard a voice calling out for a girl named Catherine. Startled, she hid behind a bush as a middle-aged man approached.He urged her to join them for breakfast.

"Darling, what are you doing there? Cathy! Breakfast is getting ready, and your mother is looking for you," the man said.

Kate was so perplexed that she stammered, "Y-yes, are you talking to me, sir?"

"Stop playing around, love, and stop calling your father 'sir.' Go to your mother, Catherine," he replied, unaware of Kate's confusion.

Feeling both bewildered and intrigued, Kate followed the man to the house, where she encountered a middle-aged woman who seemed to be her mother. Confusion clouded her mind as she struggled to reconcile her surroundings with reality.

"Come, Cathy, let's have our breakfast," her mother said.

"Yes, mama," Kate replied, her mind racing with questions and uncertainty about her newfound reality.

Later, during breakfast, Kate's mother mentioned an invitation to Mr. Collins' ball that evening.

"Cathy, my dear, we are invited to Mr. Collins' ball this evening," her mother said.

Kate's eyes widened in astonishment. "A ball? What a marvelous surprise!" she exclaimed, her heart racing with excitement. "Thank you, mama, I'm delighted to hear that."

As she savored the anticipation of attending a ball, Kate's mind buzzed with thoughts of the grand event and the adventure that lay ahead in this newfound reality.

---