; chocolate

coincidentally, she runs into him (and chenle) at the late night convenience store two days later

renjun sees her in the chocolate aisle, lips pursed as she inspects each bar. before he can open his mouth to greet her, she looks around and meets his eyes.

her eyes light up, bowing her head slightly in greeting. "hi! nice to see you again."

renjun follows suit, before gesturing at the chocolate bar in her hand. "have you tried it?"

she shakes her head, facing the bar toward him. "is it milk chocolate? i can't read... usually minghao is with me, but he's at a shoot tonight."

he gently pulls the chocolate from her hand, "not that one," putting it back, he exchanges for another, "this one."

"renjun? are you done?" chenle stops when he sees her, grinning under his mask. "oh? no rush, but i'll pay for mine now."

she greets chenle and he nods, waving before making his way to the register.

renjun feels his ears burn, but continues the conversation, not wanting it to end just yet. "do you like candies? like hichew or gummies?"

she nods, "i used to have braces, so i got used to not eating them, which ones do you like?"

;

the sweat on renjun's hands leaves a mark on his phone.

xu sumire: the candy you recommend is good! i like it 👍

he gets the message the day after. he's in his dorm room, sitting on the edge of his bed.

huang renjun: what did you like about it?

the typing bubble pops up immediately and he smiles; he wonders if his question was too obnoxious.

xu sumire: it's chewy, so my teeth didn't hurt
> i also liked how it didn't stick to my teeth

huang renjun: ah, i hate that feeling
> i'm happy you enjoyed the candy

;

her lips push into a slight pout. should she continue the conversation? it felt awkward to ask another question.

but something about him is intriguing to her.

"sumire!" she sits up from her bed, "jun is here with food, come down!"

"ah!" she sighs, frustrated. throwing her phone on the bed, she decides tomorrow-sumire can deal it with and makes her way downstairs.

her phone buzzes.

huang renjun: how are you liking korea? is it your first time here?