Chapter 24

Having my cousin around was the company I really needed.

Over the few weeks being here, I've gotten so close to her that she felt more like a best friend that I've known for years. She also said the same.

Jhanna and I does almost everything together.

Have our midday naps, meals, have the same cravings, our doctor's appointment, spa, lounge around, online shopping and give our man too much space that we barely miss them.

She even got introduced to mommy who also felt happy about meeting and getting acquainted with her niece. My friend because hers and my siblings became hers as well.

Rae and I were suppose to catch up on the Netflix series today, but she wasn't feeling too well.

Having a much larger tummy than mine and caring twins was a struggle. So feeling under the weather has Hunter returning from his mission to see her. His action was approved by Hassan who traveled but stayed in touch with me.

I was upset with him despite all that he's doing.

I only had two months till my due date and I couldn't stop visiting the nursery. Picturing the moments we'll have our son or daughter in this very room.

Turning away from the door to close it, I ran into Faith.

I've heard a noise and thought it was Daisy returning so soon or the housekeeper coming here at this time. I was wrong.

Faith is obvious to my dislike towards her, and her mother knew as well.

It's one reason I begged Hunter to let Rae stay with me on the property. Hassan kept saying he'll move his nanny and her daughter away but he doesn't do it. Then I had to be cautious in this very house that he wants me to call home.

I can't do it.

Deep down I feel a resentment towards Hassan at his biggest failure.

He could only remove certain persons from my life, but when they're familiar with him, that's where he falls short.

They must have share a huge secret that's why he can't get rid of them.

Then I'm involved and he won't let me leave, which is a little suspicious to me.

Suspicious enough to know that this life, my life is too good to be true.

While Hunter and Jhanna-Rae are planning their wedding with the help of his family who more than welcomes her.

There's Hassan whose obsession seems to be directed to my pregnancy. Everything for our unborn child is his top priority that I'll have my personal nurse check up on me daily.

Not to mention Daisy who just went for another bathroom break. She barely leaves my side so this visit from Faith raised my suspicion.

Why is Jhanna-Rae sick out of the blue and it's the same for Daisy. She has an upset stomach and here I am alone for the first time in a while.

I'm not stupid.

"Cut the bullshit, Faith. What are you doing here?" I leaned against the doorframe and folded my arms.

She smirked, eying me. "I saw Daisy rushing down the hall so I came to check if everything is okay."

"We don't need a watch man or guard dog, so please return downstairs and mind your own business." I stared at her with a straight face.

"Just chill..."

"Chill!" I hissed. "I'm not in the mood to deal with you right now. You know the upstairs is forbidden for you, yet you keep showing up here in my space. Excuse yourself, Faith. Or you'll see the other side of me."