chapter 14 - james

After the last bell rang, signaling the end of the school day, I headed straight to my locker to grab my backpack and meet up with Leo and Gabe. We had plans to hang out after school, and I was looking forward to spending some time with my friends.

Leo and Gabe were already waiting for me by the front entrance of the school when I arrived. Gabe waved at me, and I jogged over to join them.

"Hey, guys! Ready for some fun?" I greeted them with a grin.

"Definitely!" Leo exclaimed, slapping me on the back. "What's the plan?"

I shrugged. "I was thinking we could head to the park and shoot some hoops. Then maybe grab some snacks from the corner store?"

"Sounds good to me," Gabe chimed in. "Let's do it!"

We set off towards the park, chatting and joking along the way. It felt good to be out of the confines of the school building and enjoying the crisp fall air.

When we reached the park, we wasted no time in heading to the basketball court. Leo and Gabe were both talented players, and I always enjoyed the friendly competition between us.

We spent the next couple of hours shooting hoops, skating, laughing, and just enjoying each other's company. It was the perfect way to unwind after a long day of classes.

As the sun began to set, we reluctantly packed up our things and made our way to the corner store. We stocked up on snacks and drinks before heading back to Leo's place to hang out for a bit longer.

Sitting on the couch in Leo's living room, munching on chips and sipping soda, I couldn't help but feel grateful for moments like these. With my two new best friends by my side, life felt pretty darn good.