Chapter 5 - Intruder

Kenza's POV:

I opened my eyes and blinked heavily as they flickered around the room. I realised that I was still asleep on the couch from last night. I looked over at Emery, who was still asleep beside me but on the cushion instead of my shoulder.

I moved my hand around trying to feel for my phone. I picked it up turning it on, only to be blinded by the light. I blinked a few times trying to adjust to it before my vision cleared and I could see the time. 7:39AM, classes start in less than an hour.

I looked back over at Emery who was still fast asleep.

"Em"

"Em" 

"Em wake-" I tried to wake her up one more time before I heard keys jingling in the door. My heart froze. No one else should have keys to our dorm besides me and Emery.

My head started spinning. Who could that be? Why are they here? What do they want?

I quickly got up and ran to the kitchen where I grabbed a sweeping brush and held it in my hands tight.

The door swung open and a tall dark figure was now standing in the doorway.

I held the sweeping brush even tighter and took a deep breath in, I closed my eyes and swung the brush as hard as I could expecting to hear a loud bang.

I opened my eyes again to see that the lights were now on.

I look up to see Noah staring back at me with his left eyebrow slightly raised and the brush caught in his right hand.

He looked like he was about to say something when I blurted out, "What the fuck are you doing in my dorm, are you stalking me?!"

He looked at me for a moment as if I had just said the most absurd thing he's ever heard.  

"You think I'm stalking you?"

"Well obviously, why else have I seen you everywhere I go?"

"I love your confidence, but I'm here for my sister."

"Sister?"

"Yeah, the one who looks like a pig on your couch? She left her keys in the door."

Omg, how did I not know she was his sister? I can't believe I just embarrassed myself by accusing him of stalking me when he barely even knows who I am.

I wish a hole would just open up and swallow me right now.

"Now, if you'll excuse me I need to talk to her." He says pushing past me to get to Emery who was still asleep throughout this whole thing.

"Y-yeah sorry."

This was a very very short chapter but not to worry another chapter will be coming up later this week!!

Could anyone guess that Emery & Noah would be siblings?

Don't forget to vote & comment, any feedback is appreciated <3

- Aaliyah 🫶🏾