Past, Present And Future

There was only one possibility, one option. Ritsu knew that what he had been doing was childish, to say the least. This was not something he should keep doing. Though it took quite a toll on him to even get up and head to the office. Even if he didn't want to, he had to. He should. Besides, he didn't know where else to go at the time when finding her. This was the next best place, that one place where he could always find her during working hours... Or almost always. Then again, it turned out that he didn't have to all the same. Why?

Because... Well... Just when he was about to knock and open the door it had opened on its own, Ann standing right in it and staring at Ritsu in surprise, wide eyes the moment she had taken in the sight.

And yet she had asked him to come in, apparently it was 'perfect timing'. She had just asked him to come inside, even if he had to wait for a short moment because she had to deliver some documents to another office. And he did, sitting down and trying not to fall asleep while being seated on a chair. Then again, he felt a little too tense to fall asleep, a rare occurrence. He couldn't, even if he tried, and thus only sat there, being unusually stiff.

Ugh, he was so tired. His body was begging Ritsu to rest but his mind clearly refused at any given moment. He felt tense, his body unable to move. And each passing second only made it worse, his hands clutching onto his knees, tugging on his very own clothes. It was just him and yet the air was unbearable. He couldn't breathe. Or maybe he just didn't want to. He wanted to get up and run but his legs were staying there, in place. He forced them to, but they weren't moving away. He made sure they wouldn't. He was scared but then again, there was no reason not to be.

The answer was scary, anything was. Because he did not know what to expect, what to think. What if his worries were true? What if any of this would turn out true? He didn't want to face it... Oh if any of this just had not happened, then it could all go on as it always would. Just the thought of it had his stomach turned all over again. But every waiting second was more agonizing than the last... He didn't want to wait. He just wanted to get this over with! And if it was over then–

There, the door had finally opened, making Ritsu sit there, straight, almost stiff. He knew who entered, at least most likely, and it would confirm itself soon enough when seeing Ann as she walked behind her desk, sitting down. But even then, it was awfully quiet shortly after as well, none of the two were saying a word. In fact, Ritsu himself had decided to look away for some time, trying to hold it all in. He didn't want to be careless and say something out of line, not like this. He was frustrated, sure, but he couldn't just explode on Ann... Right? Even if he was trembling in his seat. It was all so unusual for him. This behavior wasn't exactly normal for him. But he wanted to just say it, let it all out. What was he supposed to do? Wasn't she going to start? This was too long of a pause, even for someone like Ann. The silence was just unbearable. He couldn't take it. He couldn't!

"R... Ritsu..." He heard her begin and yet he didn't face her. There it was, the start of it all. "Listen, about... Rei–San, that—"

"If you love that guy, just say so..." He didn't know what overcame him at this point. He just... Said it out loud, right then and there. It may as well just have shot out of his very own mouth. He didn't control it and was somewhat shocked as well for the moment. Why did he say that? Unless he really just wanted to get this over with. Yeah... It would be for the better.

But when he turned to Ann he saw it in her face. Needless to say, she was looking at him with wide eyes, visibly frozen in her seat while looking at him in disbelief, somewhat bewildered. "Wh... What?" She first said, another long break in between. And it was only even more frustrating. "N... No! I do not!"

Hearing that made him nearly want to throw a tantrum. 'I do not' she said. And yet... "Are you sure about that? You two are getting very cozy these days." He said, though just barely. He was holding it in and yet he felt his hands shaking. He grabbed his own trousers tightly, just to keep said hands in place, as tightly as he possibly could. He had to hold it in. He couldn't just yell. And yet... Yet...