Chapter 2 : Enlistment

He stares out of the car, chewing his nails and tapping his foot due to nervousness.

As the car zooms through the road and finally reaches the gate of the military base he is supposed to enlist at, Taehyung can't help but wonder if his decision was right.

He actually took this decision to get away from his suffocating family for a while but if he enlists in the military, will he even get the freedom he desires? Because here, everything he does would be decided by others. There would be a specific schedule he would have to follow and follow all the rules strictly.

So is this even freedom? Or did Taehyung hastily take the wrong decision.

He sighs, knowing very well that it's too late to step back anyway so he might as well endure this.

When the car stops at the gate of the base, Taehyung is asked to slide down his window and show his face to the person in the military uniform who is standing with a notepad in his hands. He's probably checking that the people entering the base are either the ones that are getting enlisted or their family members.

Taehyung senses the flashes of camera aimed at his car. Media is trying to take pictures of him even though he's sure they won't be able to click anything but the car. The only enlistment content his fans are gonna get is through his company.

The car finally gets the green signal to enter the base. As they get closer to stopping, Taehyung's heart starts beating erratically. Maybe Yoongi was right. Instead of doing this, he could be comfortably sitting at home and relaxing when he wasn't working. What did he sign himself up for?

The car finally halts and Taehyung knows that this is the time. He is finally signing himself up to insane physical and mental exhaustion.

Before stepping out, Taehyung takes a few minutes to relax himself but he hears the door opening not even a few seconds later.

He opens his eyes and sees Yoongi standing there with his arms crossed, "Come out. We're getting late."

Taehyung frowns, "We still have a few minutes left."

The alpha rolls his eyes, "Yes, and? Did you forget we have to shoot your sending off ceremony content for the fans?"

Right. It slipped from Taehyung's head momentarily. Sighing, he steps out of the car.

Soon, a cameraman approaches him and asks him if there's something he would like to tell the fans. Taehyung says quite a few lines that he had already thought of last night.

Then the camera captures Taehyung and Yoongi's interaction and the alpha hugs his fiancé. "Can't believe you're finally enlisting. Our house would be so empty without you."

Taehyung resists himself from rolling his eyes. House would be empty? Well, does Yoongi really care about that? He's mostly out, working.

Still, Taehyung puts his best smile for the camera and rubs his fiancé's arm, "It's only for eighteen months, hyung. You won't even realise how quickly they'll pass."

The alpha nods and pulls the omega in his arms, hugging his warmly. He rubs his back so gently as if he's scared to hurt Taehyung, "Okay then, I'll visit you often. Even though we're going to be away from each other for a while, Tae, I really hope you know how proud of you I am. You're doing an incredible job, baby."

Taehyung fights his urge to frown? Yoongi is proud of him? Huh! That's a big lie. He knows how opposed he was to this idea. He even punished Taehyung for the same.

But the omega is sure that when the fans watch this video, they'd think Yoongi is being genuine. He's a good actor, after all.

But so is Taehyung.