CHAPTER ONE: A CRIME

Theolinda was at Brady Investigations, waiting for a new client

Theolinda was at Brady Investigations, waiting for a new client. She was somewhat surprised that he was a priest.

At that point, the door opened, and Father Lewis Elion entered the office

At that point, the door opened, and Father Lewis Elion entered the office. The man stood in the doorway, his black clerical collar stark against the pale light filtering through the blinds. His expression was grave, his hands clasped in front of him as he made his way towards Theolinda's desk. She couldn't help but feel a pang of curiosity mixed with apprehension. What could a priest possibly need from a private investigator? He stood six feet tall with a slim frame that exuded strength and discipline. He handled himself with confidence and composure, his shoulders squared and his chin raised. Despite his age of 40, he looked younger. His brown hair was nicely groomed, giving him a friendly and accessible image. His stunning brown eyes show warmth and kindness. His charismatic smile lit up the room and welcomed everyone he encountered.

Theolinda instantly liked him.

"Father Lewis, you may sit down," she added, smiling. "Or should I call you Father Elion?"

"Thank you," he said with a tenor voice. "Please call me Father Lewis. That's what all of my parishioners call me. You must be Theolinda Brady."

"Yes. Why do you require my services?" Theolinda asked.

"It is an extremely delicate case, and it upsets me. I'm not sure if you recall, but a well-known entrepreneur was murdered a month ago. Her name was Georgia Hollowcrest." Father Lewis started to explain.

"Yes, it was all over the news. She was the owner of Pleasurable Beauty Enterprises and was married to the well-known businessman Vince Hollowcrest. It was a well-known case since they shot her ten times at point-blank range." Theolinda replied.

Father Lewis continued speaking:

"The police promptly arrested Vince's bodyguard because the gun used to murder her belonged to him. Furthermore, he had been Vince's secret lover for twenty years."