Chapter Two

Malibu California
2009

✿ ✿ ✿

When Katherine pulled into her driveway she noticed a sleek black car already parked there. As soon as she stepped out of her vehicle the driver of the unknown car also stepped out.

The man was tall wearing a military uniform. He had buzzed hair and chocolate skin.

"Hey Katherine."

"James Rhodes. It's been a long time." Rhodey walked up to Katherine and pulled her into a short embrace. It was then that Sebastian Parson decided to make his presence known.

"Are you my moms boyfriend?"

The two adults quickly jumped apart.

"I am not your mom's boyfriend kid. How old are you?" Katherine knew that Rhodey wasn't a dumb guy. It wouldn't be hard for him to figure out that Sebastian was Tony's son, putting aside the fact that they look so much alike.

"I'm 10 and I'm not really that surprised your not my moms boyfriend. She can never keep one."

"Um wow Sebby that's cold." Katherine tried to joke while she looked at Rhodey, realization clearly evident in his eyes.

Sebastian Parson was most definitely the son of Tony Stark. Everything from his facial features, to his chocolate brown eyes, to his sarcastic sense of humor, they were pretty identical. The only major difference was his soft blonds curls that were clearly from his mom.

"I'm assuming you saw he's been found?" Rhodey turned his attention and gaze back to the blonde woman.

"I did. I'm glad he's safe." Katherine tried to swallow the lump in her throat.

"As soon as I saw him he started mentioning you. Says being gone made him realize how much he regrets letting you go." Katherine let out a scoff and grabbed Rhodey's arm, pulling him out of her son's earshot,

"If he truly cared he wouldn't have left me. If he cared he would've reached out. It's been years, James." After that New Years night Tony and Katherine continued seeing each other for just under a month. That month of true bliss and love came crashing down when Tony told her he couldn't see her anymore and he left.

Unbeknownst to him he not only left the girl he loved, but also his unborn child. 

"You know he never even gave me a reason. Still to this day I dont know how or why it ended." 

"Kat I think you should give him a chance. At least to explain himself. He seems totally changed." Rhodey stared at Katherine with a pleading look plastered on his face. 

"I can't do that to myself again." 

"Kat-" Rhodey was cut off by a smaller voice from behind the two,

"I think my mom wants you to leave, sir." Sebastian stood there, arms crossed, a hard look set onto his face. Rhodey sighed, rubbing a hand over his face,

"He deserves to know Kat." And with that, James Rhodes walked away from the mother-son duo, stepping back into his sleek, black car, and pulled out of the driveway. Katherine bent down to her sons level, wrapping her arms around the young boy.

"Thank you for being my hero Sebby." 

"I love you Mommy. I will always help you." Sebastian pulled back and looked at his mom in the eyes,

"Mom, who was he and who was he talking about?" Katherine bit her lip, taking a second to think about how to go about answering,

"He was just an old friend of mine that's all buddy. Don't worry." Katherine picked up Seb's bags and started to head towards the house,

"So, how does Chinese for dinner sound?" 

✿ ✿ ✿

A/N

Hey guys! The chapters in the beginning will be a bit shorter while I am still setting up the plot of the story! Once we move into the actual movie the chapters will be much longer!!

-cam_556 <3