Chapter 13

When I woke up Kyle had already left for mom's house and I wasn't surprised that he was up so early.  I really don't know how he does it.  I quickly showered and changed into a pair of running shorts and a plain white v-neck and then looked outside and saw it was raining.  I grabbed Nate's sweatshirt and slipped it over my head before running down the stairs and eating some breakfast.  My phone rang as I poured the milk over my cereal, and I saw it was Kyle.

"What's up?" I asked with a mouthful of cereal.

"You need to come talk to Andrea about what happened.  If you don't I will" He said and I sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked and I could picture him running his hands through his hair as he paced back and forth, he does that a lot when he's worried.

"Well one she's mad at me so she won't talk to me like I want her to, and then she started crying and I don't know what the fuck to do Vanessa, I've never seen her like this.  You need to come and talk to her, we're taking her to the hospital soon" Kyle explained and I sighed.  I closed my eyes trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to spill.  I've never heard Kyle this flustered over one of us, and he sounds so worried and he doesn't often cuss when it comes to Andrea and I.  Normally he doesn't cuss a lot and when he does I know it's a serious situation.

"Okay, yeah I'm coming now" I sighed as I opened my eyes and put my cereal bowl in the sink, still half full.  I think Andrea is more important than my breakfast right now.  "I'm coming" I said, wiping the tears away from eyes as I grabbed my keys and ran to my car.  I hung up the phone and got in my car and sped down the road towards my moms house.  When I got there I was still crying, and I gave up trying to stop it.  I walked in the front door and up the stairs to  Andrea's room and knocked.

"Go away!" She yelled.

"It's me" I said, leaning my forehead against the door.  I heard shuffling and then the doorknob jiggle, so I removed my head as she opened the door.  I wrapped my arms around her as she cried.  After a few minutes I closed the door and led her to her bed, and then told her my story, about how I've been through something similar and how I don't want her to get as bad as me.

"Can you guys take me to the hospital?" She asked and I nodded.  I stood up and grabbed her hand in mine as we walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"She's ready to go" I sighed and my mom looked up and nodded.  Kyle came out of the bathroom and followed us to the car.  Andrea and my mom took my moms car and Kyle and I took his car separately, so if we needed to leave for a few minutes we could.  Kyle and I got in the car and I rested my head on the window as I watched everything go by.  "I told her" I said looking at Kyle "It brought back everything because I explained to her more in depth and after I finished she asked to go to the hospital, and just the other day she was telling me how she didn't want to come" I said shaking my head.

"She's going to be fine Van, alright? She has all of us, she's going to get through this" He said and I nodded.  I looked down at my lap and saw Nate calling.  I sighed and pressed the ignore button, I know I should talk to Nate because he'll most likely make me feel better but I just can't right now.  Explaining what I did to Kyle was hard enough to make it through, I don't really feel like talking.  We pulled into the hospital parking lot behind my mom, she told me and Kyle to stay in the waiting area while she went back with Andrea.  I sat on the chair and played with my phone, tossing it between my hands.  I bit my lip as I saw Nate calling again.  I stood up and pressed the answer button as I wrapped my one arm around my stomach.

"Hey" I sighed.

"Are you okay? Why didn't you answer before?" He asked and I closed my eyes as I sat on a bench outside.  I leaned my elbows on my knees and put my head in my hand as I started to cry.  "Hey, hey baby what's wrong? Where are you?" He asked.