The Surge

"Sire, the peasants are rebelling against us! And the army has a large muti--" the king silenced the messenger with a thud from his staff of solid gold and platinum "nonsense!" Said the king "if those warriors are in the middle of a mutiny, than those might as well be as worth less as a bug in a war!" Said the king in a harsh and loud tone. And then, the castle of Ravyin starts rumbling and cracking, the messenger says "oh god...... THEY'RE HERE!!!" The king says to his personal guard, Viky "grrrr, send the royal knights to kill those peasants!!!", Viky goes to the royal guards quarters but he just finds them demoralized and suicidal from the awful training they had to go through, some missions tasked them to kill their loved ones, if not they would be executed along with their loved one. One of the royal guards did the deed already by stabbing himself with his sword. Viky was horrified, and then the roof of the castle started to fall down kill people, maidens, royalty and guards alike. Then the king stood up from his throne to confront the mob, but it was the worst decision he made in his life, a spear ran right through the kings heart and then the aristocracy crumbled, the remaining royalty were executed......

"And that is the history of the nation" said Viky's grandson to Viky's great grandson as he retolled the fall of king Retoli, "dad?" Said Darvi, the great grandson of Viky. "What is it son?" Gad, the grandson of Viky replied. "Why was King Retoli hated?" Darvi said "you will get to know when you are old enough, it might give you nightmares" Gad replied "no, I can handle it!" Darvi implies Gad says "are you sure?" "yes!!" Darvi says stubbornly Gad says "if you say so but don't blame me if you have nightmares ok?" Darvi replies saying "ok!"

500 years ago......
King fad steps down from the throne and gives it to his son, Retoli "a-are you sure dad?" Retoli says Fad replies saying "I'm sure, be a good king". That was the last time Retoli heard fad's voice, as he was killed by a opposing noble, this event changed Retoli's life for the worse as he was the only one he looked up to.... His mother with no one to stop, abused Retoli forcing him to do bad things making him hated and simultaneously traumatizing him..... After 12 long years of abuse, his mother passed and Retoli emotion less and merciless he declared war on many nation taking whole countries into slavery. He made a royal guard force to destroy "royal" threats which includes the royal knight's family and loved ones

Darvi says to Gad "t-thats brutal!, now I understand why he was hated so much!" "It's pretty hard to comprehend, if you want I will sleep with you in your room to help you go to sleep" Gad replies "that would help a-a lot" Darvi says back...