Chapter 5: A little lore

Salem pov

It was early morning hours and I got out of my tree and saw that Mr. Ivory was in his sleeping bag but it looked like he was in minor stress and shivered while in his sleep. I mean I wouldn't blame him it's not like I sleep peacefully here either, the sun wasn't even up so it must have been close to 5 in the morning. I looked around to see if there was a threat of animal or monster attack and everything looked okay. I left to do some morning exercise or training not too far away from the area.

I used some tree veins to tie some rocks on my hands and feet as I began doing my pushups, sit-ups, long run, side steps and tree hopping. I was not a gym expert so this was all I could do till I find a book or someone willing to train me. After my body training it was time to look at my magic.
I just laid on the ground in a relaxed position as I naturally found this more comfortable as I wasn't the monkish type so lotus position meditation won't do it for me.

From this position I could easily relax ad better tune the ethernano around me and my environment.Now I wasn't a master at this but it was a good start in control as I didn't want my magic being out off control or something even if I didn't have that much magic power yet.

"Beast soul: Were-cheetah." I than transformed in my were-cheetah. In this form my body grow taller, I grew cheetah fur and spots, tail, my green eyes were more animalistic, my white hair a bit longer wilder and mixed with gold and for some reason my shorts came with the form but not shirt.
I began running around at high speeds and began slashing tree brunches and rocks with and also jumped around acrobatically. Like I said I had gotten this form under control on the third day but it was only for twelve to sixteen minutes at max as after that I could feel the cheetah soul slowly trying to get a hold of me plus my magic gets depleted. But it gets me a huge boost in speed, agility, durability, a little in strength.

After about ten minutes I reverted back to my base form and sat down breathing heavily with my magic a little on the low but still enough for a transformation and looked up and saw many winged creatures flying over the skies.

"Well, I should probably head back if a strong creature comes by." I than went to my tree but not before picking up and washed a few fruits. Carrying them on a large piece of wood tied together tightly by a strong vein.

I was ambushed by some of those over but these guys were taller, five in numbers and each of them had four arms and all of them carried one big club.
"WOH WOH ARGH!!" They all began monkeying around and they circled me obviously the greedy after my fruits.

'Fuck I just finished exercising I don't have enough energy or magic to fight these guys.' If I was at 100%, I would have thrown hands with them no problem even though it would be a slightly hard fight due to their numbers. They rushed towards me but thanks to my quick reflexes and jumped high being careful with their fruit and transformed to my owl harpy form with my low magic power and flew at high speeds my talons holding the veins keeping my fruit on the wood but I didn't fly directly to my tree not lead them there so I flew in a circle to lead the off as they chased me like Tarzan on steroids.

I lost them and head directly for my area and saw the Mr. Ivory up and looking frantically in his bag. He didn't hear me coming as owls are very silent flyers so I just remained in the air looking at what he was doing in slight curious in what he was looking for.

'Thank god this form consumes less magic power.' I thought as watched Mr. Ivory in the air as I he just looked down sighing and just took out a book and began writing down something.

He than took out his bottle and drank out of it and looked at his book again. I got bored and just throw flew down to the ground and landed softly and the guy was so engrossed in his book that he still didn't notice me.