confrontation

As Soap examined Ghost's unconscious form, his brow furrowed with concern. The blood on Ghost's balaclava raised suspicions, but he chose not to press König further for answers, at least not in front of him.

After ensuring Ghost was stable, Soap pulled König aside, his expression grave. "What happened out there?" he asked, his voice low and serious.

König hesitated, his gaze flickering towards Ghost before meeting Soap's eyes. "He... he attacked me," he muttered, his tone tinged with frustration. "I didn't mean for it to escalate like that."

Soap's eyes narrowed, his suspicions growing. "And you expect me to believe that? That you accidentally ended up in a brawl with one of our own?"

König clenched his jaw, frustration evident in his expression. "I know it sounds unbelievable, but it's the truth. He provoked me, and I lost control."

Soap sighed heavily, tension thickening in the air. "This isn't good, König. Ghost is a crucial member of our team, and now he's lying unconscious because of you."

"I didn't mean for this to happen," König insisted, his voice tinged with guilt. "I'll take full responsibility for my actions, but please, let me make it right."

Soap regarded him for a moment, his gaze piercing. "Fine. But you better hope Ghost makes it out of this okay. And you better stay out of trouble from now on."

König nodded, gratitude flashing in his eyes.

As Soap returned to Ghost's side, König lingered in the hallway, his thoughts swirling with guilt and regret. He knew he had made a grave mistake, one that could have serious consequences for both himself and the team. But as he watched Soap tend to Ghost, a flicker of determination ignited within him. He would do whatever it took to make amends and ensure the safety of his comrades, even if it meant facing the harshest consequences for his actions.