25| Kill har dead. (Pt. 3) ᥫ᭡

📍Winchester Surgical and Medical Hospital
27 Hope Road, Kingston 10,Jamaica

📍Winchester Surgical and Medical Hospital 27 Hope Road, Kingston 10,Jamaica

Ronaldo Romario Billings |22

4:27am

"Yow, a long time mi deh yah a wait eno! Tell mi wah di current situation nuh!" I exclaimed impatiently, my anxiety twisting in knots within me.

The sterile scent of antiseptic filled the hospital room, and I could hear the distant beep of heart monitors from other patients. Love turned to dread as I anticipated the doctor's response.

"Mr. Billings," the doctor began, her voice calm but heavy with the weight of what she had to say. "When a pregnant woman sustains a gunshot wound, there are potential risks to the baby—or in this case, babies. Some of these risks include miscarriages, preterm labor, placental abruption, or even fetal distress."

She paused, checking if I was following. I nodded briefly, though my annoyance brewed beneath the surface like a volcano ready to erupt.

She took a deep breath, bracing herself for the next part. "I'm sorry to tell you this, Mr. Billings, but both fetuses are demised. Honestly, if the babies weren't there, the bullets would have gone straight through Mrs. Billings, which would have harmed her even more."

Demised as in dead?

No fucking shit, Sherlock.

"No. Fucking hell dawg!" I shouted, burying my hands in my hair, frustration and sorrow crashing over me like waves.

"Please refrain from using inappropriate language here, sir. This is a strictly professional environment."

Professional? Seh bet mi empty a bloodclaat clip inna dah gyal yah headside?

Dem nuh know mi head chip a one pawt?

Mi wi kill e wull a dem in yah den shot mi self to. Dat dem fi know.

"Doctor? She's awake," a nurse interrupted, catching the doctor's attention.

"Mi can—" I started, but the doctor cut me off.

"Yes, sir, you may see her."

With a pounding heart, I hurried into the hospital room where my girlfriend lay, weak and fragile, open eyes barely managing to focus.

"Mama" I called out, rushing to her side as she hummed in response, her eyes still closed.

She looked like she was enduring the kind of pain no one should have to suffer. It physically hurt me to see her like this, tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

"Mi muss kill him, mama. Nuh pussy test and get weh wid it" I say, my voice a whisper of rage mixed with disbelief.

"Nuh—nuh kill nobody, Ronaldo," she said weakly, her voice shaky but firm. "Yuh nuh see God answer mi prayer? I wasn't raped, and my babies are fine."