Chapter 2: Attachment

Moonlit entered the training room later that day to find Aqualaid and Superboy engaged in a sparring session. The rhythmic clash of their moves echoed in the cavernous space.

Superboy, known for his solitary demeanor, was often seen going off on his own or being approached by Miss Martian. He maintained a stoic silence, seldom engaging in conversations with the rest of the team.

Moonlit, observing the intense training session, approached cautiously. "Mind if I join in?" he asked, trying to break the ice.

Aqualaid, ever welcoming, flashed a grin. "The more, the merrier. Just be ready for a splash!"

As they sparred, Moonlit sensed an opportunity to bridge the gap with Superboy. "Superboy, how about a friendly match? I could use some practice against someone with your strength."

Superboy, initially reserved, raised an eyebrow but eventually nodded. The trio continued their training, the physical exertion serving as a form of unspoken camaraderie.

After the session, as they caught their breaths, Moonlit extended a friendly gesture. "You're pretty strong, Superboy. We should spar more often."

Superboy, acknowledging the offer with a nod, showed a subtle hint of approval.

Artemis, after leaving the mountain and returning home to see her mother, found herself facing unexpected news. Her mother beamed with joy, sharing that Artemis had earned a scholarship to Gotham Academy. However, instead of sharing in her mother's excitement, Artemis hesitated, voicing her discontent with the idea.

"I don't want to go to some fancy school in Gotham," Artemis protested, her tone reflecting her reluctance.

Her mother's expression shifted, disappointment flickering across her features. "Artemis, this is a golden opportunity. You'll have access to better education, more opportunities..."

Artemis, standing her ground, replied, "I don't need all that. I like where I am now, with the team."

Her mother's eyes welled with tears, and Artemis, feeling a pang of guilt, softened her stance. "Mom, I just want to keep doing what I'm doing. You know how much being part of Young Justice means to me."

Her mother, with a tremor in her voice, said, "I just want what's best for you, Artemis. Gotham Academy can open doors for you."

As guilt and uncertainty settled in Artemis's heart, she decided to seek advice from someone she trusted. Returning to the mountain, she found Moonlit contemplating by the training room.

"CJ," she began, a hint of vulnerability in her voice, "I need your opinion on something. My mom wants me to go to Gotham Academy, but I don't know if it's the right move. What do you think?"

CJ, sensing her unease, nodded encouragingly. "Sure, Artemis. What's on your mind?"

She hesitated before revealing, "My mom wants me to go to Gotham Academy on a scholarship. She's really excited about it, but I'm not so thrilled. I don't know if it's the right move for me."

Moonlit listened attentively, understanding the complexity of Artemis's situation. "It's a big decision. What are your thoughts on it?"

Artemis sighed, "I've never been a fan of Gotham, and the idea of leaving the team doesn't sit well with me. But my mom... she was so happy about the scholarship. I don't want to disappoint her."

Moonlit nodded in understanding, "It's important to consider both sides. Maybe there's a way to find a compromise or an alternative solution. What does your gut tell you?"

Artemis contemplated his words, her thoughts muddled with conflicting emotions. "I'm not sure. I guess I just wanted to hear your perspective before making a decision."