03.

03. game

"DAMN HIROKI YOU really chose the worst seats," you sighed, leaning back in the cold metal bleacher, "All I see are blobs running around

"DAMN HIROKI YOU really chose the worst seats," you sighed, leaning back in the cold metal bleacher, "All I see are blobs running around." Cheap seats in the stadium meant an extremely bad view of the game. But honestly, it didn't really matter considering the only reason why you had to attend the game was to woo Sae back. "You got us into this mess, you don't complain." Hiroki retorted, shoving a fistful of popcorn into his mouth.

As much as you didn't understand the game, you still felt the need to watch as each player strategically ran across the faux grass field. Your eyes, however, were glued mainly onto Itoshi Sae. His scrawny figure swiftly moved around, he seemed to be gliding. Each time he had the ball, the cheers of people from all over the stadium echoed throughout the enclosed structure. He really was like candy in a grocery store.

The game ended after what felt like forever. You hid in the sea of people that were stupidly trying to exit the stands all at once. Slipping away from your friends, you made your way to the long hallway that held the locker rooms. It was brightly lit, the walls plastered with pictures of iconic games held in the stadium. You strolled down the tiled floors, trying your best not to look suspicious as you consistently looked for the prodigy.

A tap on your shoulder startled the confidence out of you. You swiftly turned around, being face to face with none other than the man you were looking for. He seemed less refined than the night in the bar. With a towel hung over the nape of his neck and sweat dripping down the slope of the jaw, you watched as he ran his fingers through his unkept hair. "You're not supposed to be back here."

Backing up, you let out an uneasy chuckle before clearing your throat to recompose yourself. "I was looking for you, actually." You mentally ran through the plan in your head, Sae cocking an eyebrow in response.

His lips remained firmly pressed together, arms crossed against his chest. "What do you want?"

"You."

"Excuse me?"

"I wasn't trying to con you," you lied through your teeth. "I know it might have seemed that way, especially because of the way I was acting but I genuinely wanted to get to know you. It wasn't for sex or money, I wanted to be someone to you." Looking down at the ground to imitate a sincere facade, you felt the deadpan stare of Sae piercing into your skull.

Sae knew he wasn't exactly ready for a relationship, but the fact that you've been on his mind for the past couple of days only pushed him to letting you into his life. "I guess." His lips moved faster than he could think and before he knew it, he opened the door he shut in your face and allowed you to attempt in regaining what was originally lost. "You have one more chance."

Your eyes lit up with excitement as you tilted your head up to look at him with a hearty smile. For some odd reason, the feeling of satisfaction wasn't there. Instead, you felt a pang in your chest, the guilt that loomed over you was beyond gut wrenching. The schemes you had planned was supposed to be easy to get away with, yet you were stuck here trying to figure out why this felt like the end of the world. You didn't think you could ever forgive yourself for what you were about to do to this poor man.

Swindling with the innocent was not supposed to be apart of the job.

author's note!sry for disappearing for like10 years, will probably do itagain though school is hard

author's note!
sry for disappearing for like
10 years, will probably do it
again though school is hard