Ch 1 Pt 6: "People might mistake me as some kind of masochist, which isnt true"

[A/N: this is going to be a long one]

[Y/N]'s POV

Aqua: "Ugh... Ugh... It smells... It smells like fish..."

We stroll down the not-so-empty streets back to the guild, with the Aqua and Megumin covered in frog saliva, the former being piggybacked by me.

Safe to say, we were bombarded with disgusted faces from every person we've crossed, minus the horny delinquents.

It got so bad that i had to stop and explain the past 10 minutes in excruciating detail, and some of them still didn't believe me.

Megumin: "It's smelly inside the frog, but the warm feeling isn't too bad... I gained some knowledge that I'd rather not know..."

Speaking of gaining knowledge I'd rather forget, If you use too much mana that it'd exceed its capacity, it would turn to your life force as the alternative source of power.

If she used Explosion again in this state, she might as well meet with Eris.

Kazuma: "From now on, explosion magic's banned unless there's an emergency. Please get by with your other spells from now on, Megumin."

Then the archwizard said another thing I'd rather not know of...

Megumin: "I can't."

[Y/N]: "The hell you mean "you cant?""

She then tightened her grip on my shoulders.

"I can only use Explosion; I don't know any other magic."

What? No. You mean to tell me...

[Y/N]: "You can't be serious."

Megumin: "I am."

[Y/N]: "No."

Megumin: "Yes."

[Y/N]: "Nooooooooo."

Megumin: "Yesssssssss."

While i was questioning the mere thought of her being normal, Aqua chimed in,

Aqua; "What do you mean you only know Explosion? If you had enough skill points to learn Explosion, you must've learned other spells, right?"

That earned her a confused look from Kaz, which made me snap out of it and explain,

[Y/N]: "Skill points are something you earn when you choose a job; it's used to learn skills. The more potential a person has, the more skill points they start out with. You can learn all sorts of skills by investing skill points in them. That's actually the reason why i didn't show you Gold Experience's ability until today, it was because i couldn't until i got enough skill points."

Aqua: "For example, the excellent me has learned all the banquet party tricks as well as all the spells of an Archpriest."

The sheer fact that she had enough of those points to have enough for extra spells from the get go made me remember she was, despite her negative IQ, she was still a goddess.

Aqua: "Depending on the person and the job, there are restrictions to the skills they may learn. For example, someone with a fear of water would need more points to learn water or ice elemental spells... However, as detonation-series magic consists of composite spells, you'd need deep knowledge of fire and wind magic to master it. This means that people who can learn detonation magic should be able to easily learn other spells."

[Y/N]: "This means that it doesn't make sense to be unable to learn low-tier spells when you know high-tier magic from the detonation-series... Anyway, where can you make use of banquet party tricks?"