the raid

The wind roared viciously as me and my strong friend in combat, pyro speedily dived towards the isolated but remarkably busy village. We are attacking the village on a difficult flight to catch some food, as it is harder in the wild as the frosty winter air is making all the cattle hide in small crevasses to stay warm.

As we neared the stoney castle walls, arrows darted out of huge defensive towers which are planted all around the walls to keep the village inside as safe as possible. Consistent waves of arrows flew at us as we kept dodging them. Despite the deadly arrows hurling at us.

As we neared closer toward the castle the arrows got faster making it harder to not get hit. I blasted a fireball towards one of the taller watch towers. It went up in flames preventing it from shooting at us anymore. This made a gape in the defences for me and pyro to swoop down and take some food.

"Pyro down there!" I called to the blazing red dragon dodging arrows by the next tower.

We both flew down to an army of men hurling spears and axes towards are direction both me and pyro shot burning flames back at them, sending many to flee and take shelter.

I veered off towards a pen full of sheep leaving pyro behind. 5 men stood in my way, all with shields and swords. I whipped around in a full circular motion hitting all 5 in one hit knocking them away dropping their weapons.

I looked back to see if pyro was okay, but what I saw frightened me. About 20 men were pointing boys and artillery weapons at him, whilst another 20 had ropes wrapped around him pining him to the ground.

I left the sheep behind and darted to his aid, but another crowd of archers barricaded him in. I shot another inferno ball at them, but they had massive strong metal shields at the ready protecting them from my fire!

They started shooting waves of arrows straight at me, too quickly for me to react. I retreated towards the other side of the island. But there were more men ready to attack me.

I backed up to the watch tower I blasted earlier and left the island, whilst I was circling the island I was trying to think what to do!

I heard an ear-splitting roar. My stomach churned at the thought of what might have happened. I dived lower to the island to see what had happened I feared at what I may see.

As I got low enough my fears became reality as I saw a group of men hauling a cart with the limb body of my best friend pyro rested on top.

Pyro was with me since the day my mother got murdered by humans when I was only a hatchling.

A group of archers spotted me and began shooting. An arrow pierced my wing making me fall...