Chapter 7: It's really you

A FEW DAYS EARLIER...

"Remember your mission Sai. Your true objective is to act as a spy and gather information on Sasuke Uchiha and report back to me" said Donzo, "as you wish sir" Sai replied. 

BACK TO THE PRESENT...

Sai continued his mission with team Kakashi, however, he found himself torn between his loyalty to Danzo and his growing attachment to Trunks, Naruto and Sakura as Trunks' words had really began to resonate with him, forcing him to question where his true allegiance truly lay. Despite his internal conflict, Sai remained determined to navigate the delicate balance between his duty as a spy and his blossoming friendships, hoping to find a way to fulfill his mission while also protecting the bonds he had formed with his teammates. Team Kakashi is now near Orochimaru's hideout but the team decided to take a quick break and plan their next move. Sai did not tell the others about his true objective yet as he was still loyal to Danzo but his loyalty was wavering. Sai also didn't tell team Kakashi about the fact that his clone was working with Orochimaru for the sake of trying to not get his cover blown. 

WITH SAI'S CLONE...

Sai had just encountered Sasuke for the first time but only for a brief moment as he left with Orochimaru to continue his training and left Kabuto with Sai, "Here is an envelope containing information on all anbu members in the leaf village" said Sai as he handed it to Kabuto, "interesting" said Kabuto as he was looking through the envelope, "come with me". Kabuto takes Sai to an empty and tells him to enter, once Sai entered the room Kabuto closed the door and locked telling Sai that he still doesn't trust and he'll return soon. 

BACK WITH TEAM KAKASHI...

During their break, team Kakashi reflected on what they saw from Trunks and Naruto's fight, "so what do you make of Trunks" asked Sai, "I-I really don't know. I didn't think he would be so strong and on top of that, keep up with Naruto when he's in that form" replied Sakura, "he's definitely a mystery. And I wonder what kind of power he used against Naruto in his final attack, I've never seen anything like it, at least from a person that isn't a jinchuriki" said Yamato, "but enough talk let's get going" and everyone got up and moved towards the base.

WITH NARUTO...

Naruto took Trunks' body out of the crater and laid him on the grass. He sat next to Trunks trying to remember what happened and waiting for Trunks to wake up. 

While Naruto was waiting for Trunks, team Kakashi infiltrated Orochimaru's base using Yamato's wood technique and they encountered Sai's clone in which finally came out and explained his mission from Danzo. Upset by this revelation, Yamato decided to apprehend Sai and tied him up outside the base and Sai decided to tell them about his encounter with Sasuke and how he doesn't care for any of them. Sakura replied saying that they will still try to bring him back as he is their teammate and their best friend, her and Naruto's. Sai was moved by Sakura's words as he started to think of his brother, then Naruto, and then Trunks as they were all stubborn yet determined to meet their goals. As he was thinking this, Kabuto showed up and attacked the group and saved Sai, freeing him from his wooden constraints as he believed Sai was with him. But then, Sai sneaked attacked him and put him to the ground stating he wants to see the bond team 7 has with his own eyes and then Yamato tied up Kabuto with his wood technique. 

Trunks' eyes slowly started to open as he started to see Naruto who was next to him, "N-Naruto" said a confused and dazed Trunks, "Trunks, your awake", "y-yea, what happened? Where did everyone go" asked Trunks, "they continued the mission and I decided to stay with you until you woke up" replied Naruto, "I see" said Trunks, Trunks paused for a moment and then said, "so about your power, what was that?" "That was the nine tails fox power, if you didn't realize it already, I'm a jinchuriki" replied Naruto, "what's a jinchuriki" asked Trunks, Naruto was visibly shocked by Trunks' question but regained composure and said, "w-well a jinchuriki is a person that harbors one of the tailed beast within them and if this person is in a near death situation or something similar to it, the tailed beast will give you it's power and let you use it since if the person dies, the tailed beast will die as well", he continued by saying, "what happened earlier was me losing control and letting the nine tails power consume me", Naruto swiftly stood up and bowed, "I'm sorry for attacking you Trunks and causing all this trouble", "o-oh you don't have to do that, it's okay and honestly I had fun fighting you even though the situation was pretty serious" said Trunks nervously laughing. Naruto looked at Trunks and smiled and Trunks began to stand up. "So tell about me Sasuke, who is he" said Trunks, Naruto stared forward for a few seconds thinking about what to say and then said, "Sasuke is our teammate, Sasuke is a brooding guy with eyes as dark as the night sky. He's got this untamed mop of black hair, and those piercing onyx eyes that could see right into your soul. He's like a thunderstorm, constantly carrying that intense look of determination, never backing down from a challenge. Sasuke's had a tough life, filled with tragedy and revenge, but he's got this insane talent. He seems like someone who hates everything but deep down, there's this battle raging within him, torn between the darkness of his past and the glimmer of hope for a brighter future and I've seen that hope as started to open up a bit more with me, Sakura, and Kakashi-sensei", Naruto's face changed from a face of happiness to a more gloomier face, "unfortunately, Sasuke couldn't let go of his past as his drive for vengeance against his brother made him abandon the village and us to join Orochimaru with the goal of becoming stronger to kill his brother.", "But I haven't given up on him, Sakura neither, I promised that I'll bring him back and that's what I will do" shouted Naruto, Trunks was moved by Naruto's determination and smiled and said, "well if you believe that Sasuke is still a good person, then I'll help you bring him back to the village." Trunks then gave Naruto a thumbs up.