The Death Trap

Hi! My name is Courtney. I am an average American girl. No, I am not a vampire, nor am I a vampire hunter. Have you ever thought that your two best friends would try to kill each other because they one another? Well, if you have, then you are on the same track as me. My best guy friend, Damon, is a vampire. And it turns out that my best girl friend is a vampire hunter. They say they get along, but truly, they hate each other. The thing is, whenever they are around me, it’s always happy-go-lucky! I am just afraid that one day, they might attempt to kill each other simply because of hatred. But, little did I know that day was today.

I woke up at eight this morning, realizing I was late to school. Luckily, school was canceled, but I didn’t find out until I got there. So, I got ready and left for school in my sparkling new Ford Mustang that I recently got.

When I got to school, I parked my car in the parking lot. I was wondering why there were only a couple of cars in the parking lot. Usually, the parking lot was packed. Anyways, as I started to walk towards the building, I heard yelling and screaming in the background. I walked a little closer noticing police cars. As I passed the corner, I saw a crowd of people surrounding the school entrance. I also noticed CNN news reporting in front of our school. So, I tried to get through the crowd. “Excuse me, pardon me, sorry”, I continued to say. Finally, when I got to the front of the crowd, I noticed a body with a white sheet over it. “Excuse me!” I asked the policeman. “What?”, he said. “Who is that, under the sheet?”, I asked pointing. “I don’t know who it is, but the only thing I know is that she was a 12th grader named Dominique”, he said. “Oh my god!”, I said. I was in shock! I grabbed on to the nearest pole and dragged myself to the ground. I knew exactly who did this. So, I turned my car on and went to Damon’s house to talk to him even though I knew that I would never forgive him.

When I go to Damon’s house, he told me the whole story. I started to cry because I knew that Dominique was okay even though she was dead. I started jumping around in joy. Now, all I had to do was wait until Dominique came to Damon’s house.

Turns out, while waiting for Dominique, I was sleeping. When I woke up, I saw Dominique and Damon talking together on the couch talking. I got up and gave Dominique a  big hug. After that, I just listened to their conversation of how to be a good vampire. While they were talking about that, I realized that the cops would think the body was stolen and will go search for the body. “What if the cops find you?”, I asked. They didn’t hear me, though. So, I decided to go into the computer room. I bought three airline tickets from California to New York. When I told them about my idea, they accepted and we started to pack and left.

The whole time in the airplane, we played games, watched television, listened to the radio, and slept the rest of the time. When we woke up, we were five minutes away from our landing destination. When we got out of our airplane, I was amazed. I couldn’t believe we were in the big apple, New York City! It seemed that Damon and Dominique didn’t like it though, and I realized why. They had bat-like ears. So, they heard everything, from a step to a scream! I told Damon to catch a taxi for us, and fortunately, he did. “Take us to the farthest hotel in the city”, I said to the taxi driver. “Ok”, he said back to me.

It took us half-an-hour to get to the hotel. “Thanks”, I said paying him.

As we walked inside, we noticed that the hotel was practically abandoned, and it didn’t take long to figure out why. One room for one night was $800.00! I couldn’t believe it! But, unfortunately, that was the only hotel that was in the city but far away. So, we got the keys to room 189. We went up to floor five and opened our room door. It was a rip-off because it wasn’t so great, but we had no choice. We walked in, set our stuff up and started to talk. Damon then said that he needed to go to the bathroom which was right behind me. So, he got up and went. Suddenly, after like five minutes, I felt a hand on my shoulder and then sharp pain on my neck. Then, I passed out. I woke up like an hour later and asked, “What happened to me?” “You should see for yourself”, Dominique said pointing at the mirror. As I walked to the mirror, I realized that I had no reflection! I turned around. “We turned you into a vampire, too” they said at the same time!

Thanks!!! i <3 all of u!

p.s. i used this for my essay with vanessa and sophia!

:D