where we met

i made a new book, yayayaysyayy anyway this may have a little bit of a slow update? And yes, everyone's here is an adult and i do NOT support any kind of yakuza's content nor behaviour. enjoyyy d: (reader gender is changed to gn since it didn't really matter if they were a girl or not)

you always wondered if you'll die alone.

it's a an odd way to think that way early in the morning, especially you were adding extra stress on the college ones. enjoying the youth was hard, or maybe you had an grumpy old man soul within you, however you guessed that maybe you'd feel that juvenile tendencies if you'd have the ones who you'll have a bond of mutual love towards.

surely, you weren't that desolate of a person. you have people to talk to in college, just not the type of ones you'd talk about to about your day, not the ones you're dropping off by their house for a company. if anything, they most certainly were just colleges-friends. people you only talk to when it's convenient. nothing to formal yet not too intimate.

it's not like you were desperate, not really when that sham of benevolence came out clear to you like a black duck. you'd rather be a loner than be surrounded by frauds you call 'friends'.

yet nobody's flawless, no one wants to be left alone.

but being a medical student gave you the path to pour your sadness into the work, ignoring it while it's there. let it sink and hope for it to drown and moulder to a forgettable wounds.

that was your way as a foundling child, you never had the rights to speak unless spoken to. you had no right to complain about the cold food, you should be grateful. if your homework isn't done by the time, you'll get the punishment of kneeling for a half an hour on rice until your knees were painted red and purple, no rights for crying after that.

you cried a lot of nights, wondering why would your parents abandoned you. why why were you doomed the moment you were born?

perhaps the only relative you held a glimpse of was your grandpa, yet it was blurry and the shade of his face was vagueness enough to be in a 60's movie, due to his old age he was never able to raise you, at least that's what you were told.

he would come twice a month, it was the only days you'd wake up to with a giant smile glued on your face, so much that your cheeks were hurting.

he was family, the only family you had left. but even he didn't last long beneath the eyes fate.

it was sad really, a shallow rainy night with only your eight years old self being present there. the rains pure tears mixing with your salty ones tasted bitter, no shoulder to cry on, or an embrace to held you anymore.

all you had left from him was a golden necklace on a shade of 'flower of life' that was gifted from him in your seventh birthday, something you connected to his soul. something that reminded you that he always wanted you to live a long happy life and be the last bit of hope for those who lost it.

and there you were, on your last year here.

this bad habit of daydreaming to the abyss needs to be stopped, because you didn't even realize the boy figure standing next to you until he pokes you slightly.

"hey, can i sit here?"

he pointed to the seat next to you, a gentle smile that doesn't reach his cheeks rested on his face. his dark-blue looks shimmering before the sunlight making him outshine whoever was beside him. it felt like the sky itself send him right to you.

you hesitated for a short second, not like you didn't want to give him the seat, mainly because some used to sit here. for your knowledge, the guy haven't been able to make it to classes for a while now. there was rumours about him going missing even. but you guessed that maybe he dropped out and people just likes to over-season topics.