Chapter 26

"What can I do for you?" I asked, only for him to barge into my room uninvited. "Excuse me, this is invasion of privacy."

"We need to talk." He commented.

I almost rolling my eyes but the security he had posted at my door could see me. So I gave Ace a polite smile before I closed the door and follow Hassan to the living room.

I've only had a couple hours to myself as this is the first time I've spoken to him since yesterday.

It's not yet the afternoon, so I guess he was getting impatient.

Taking up my glass of wine in hand, I sat across from him and paused my movie.

"What is there to talk about?" I asked, eyeing him as he was doing to me.

Answering the door wearing a bathing suit leaves nothing much to imagine. Going to the pool was my next destination.

Unlike him who was dressed casual as usual, but still looking good.

"This is about us."

"I thought I made it clear that there is no us?" I reminded him.

"For now, we're not but I want you to hear me out." He says and I nod.

Raising the glass to my lips again and he eyed the bottle.

Smiling, I know just what he's thinking.

"This is my first and will be my only glass. I'm not stressed enough to abuse liquor."

"I wasn't thinking of it like that." He admitted.

"What was it then?"

"Reminiscing the day I proposed to you. We had the same wine on the table." He is right about that.

I might have snatched it from his house and Daisy covered for me as she distracts anyone in the way.

He requested that all form of liquor be locked away, but how can he lock me out when I know what he'll use as the passcode.

The day he first saw me.

He knows.

"That's right." I nod. "So?"

He itched closer so I leaned back, knowing that it is a move he use to be a bit closer to me.

He catches on immediately so he returned how he was, to make me comfortable. At least I'm trying to be.

"I traveled behind you from Europe because I never got the chance to express myself the way I wanted. I'll leave you alone, for now. That I can promise."

At least he can admit that he won't leave me alone. It's better to know beforehand than to see him pop up like ghost.

"I know you need some time alone, so I'll make some adjustments with your team. As long as you communicate with them and build trust in each other. They'll let you have as much control over them so they won't worry about me taking their lives if anything should happen while I'll no longer in control."

I covered my face and sighed, rubbing my temples.

What a man love pree death as the first option.

"Leaving you is hard, but I can't be too selfish so I'll give you enough time. I can't promise that I won't reach out to you directly to ask if you're doing well or to send meaningful gifts till you forgive me."

I opened my mouth to speak but he shook his head.

I'll just listen then.

"Losing our son opened my eyes to reality. You're right about everything, and I deeply regret not putting out my all to act on your requests or suggestions. Things do occur for a reason, and as much as I was ready to be a father, I failed to be your husband first. As for forcing you to love me back when I should've gotten help with my obsessive ways. I love you too much to lose you too."