𝑰𝒈𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒅 🖤💜

Zander Angst
Romantic Lander

~~~

It was close to midnight. Rain pattered down again the window of Zander's bedroom.

The boy sat on his bed, reading a book. This was what he normally did when he couldn't sleep. He'd make himself tea, curl up in bed, and read a novella. Tonight, he could hardly concentrate on his book. He was too busy checking his messages. Luke hadn't texted him in a week, nor had he seen him at school. He mainly just hoped he was okay.

He shut off his phone at around 12. It was hopeless. Clearly Luke wouldn't answer him. He placed his book down, finished his tea, and went to bed.

--------

Zander was waiting in the music room with the others. Luke wasn't showing up.

"Where is he? He hasn't been here in days." Zander sighed.

"Oh, he just messaged me. He said he's sick." Hailey said as she looked down at her phone.

"He messaged you?"

"I mean.. yeah, why wouldn't he?"

Zander had a confused expression on his face.

"He hasn't talked to me in over a week."

The other club members gave him a weird look.

"Why wouldn't he text you? Aren't you two dating?" Jake asked.

"How should I know? He's probably just ignoring me."

"Come on, Zander. Why would he ignore you?" Hailey sighed, rolling her eyes with a smile.

"Maybe he's mad. I'll just go to his house after school."

"Pfft- if you remember."

"Hey!! I will!!"

He didn't.

--------

Once Zander got home, he laid down on his bed and tried calling Luke, but it went immediately to voicemail.

"This asshole." Zander groaned as he threw the phone into the wall.

His mother heard the thud from upstairs and went to knock on Zander's door.

"Alex, you alright?" She asked.

"I'm fine."

"Alex, Hun, please tell me what's wrong."

"Just Luke.."

Shannon sighed and opened the door. She sat down next to her son and looked over at him.

"Teenage drama?"

Zander smiled slightly. "Not drama, mum."

"Oh? Then what's wrong?" She asked, moving closer and rubbing his back.

"Luke's been.. ignoring me. He hasn't answered my messages, my calls, and I haven't seen him at school either."

"Well, you know that boy means no harm. I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding. Don't think too much about it, okay?"

"Yeah, okay mum."

Shannon kissed her son's forehead and smiled. "I'll make dinner in an hour or so. Try to cheer up." She said as she got up and left Zander's bedroom.

The boy laid in bed and sighed. This didn't make any sense. Why wasn't Luke texting him? Finally, his phone buzzed and he picked it up immediately. It wasn't Luke. It was Hailey.

Hailey Austin: Hey, Luke said he's coming over.

Zander Wickham: Why?

Hailey Austin: He wants to talk to you!

Zander Wickham: If he wanted to talk to me so bad, why the fuck didn't he answer my calls?

Seen just now

This sucked. Zander looked like a mess. He was in pajamas, had messy hair, and his room was a disaster. He sighed and got changed into something decent. One Luke knocked at the front door, Zander let him inside and led him upstairs to his bedroom.

"Why have you been ignoring me?"

Luke looked somewhat confused.

"Ignoring you?"

"Y'know, not answering my messages or my calls.. Not coming to school.. What's that all about? You had me worried."

Luke chuckled.

"I was sick, that's why I wasn't at school."

"Doesn't explain why you didn't text me. You realize that I actually threw my phone into the wall just a couple hours ago because you didn't answer me?"

"I'm sorry I didn't answer you, honey. I didn't think it was a big deal-"

"Of course it's a big deal! You can't just ignore me! I'm your boyfriend!"

Zander snapped. Luke sighed and looked down at him.

"Look, as I said, I'm sorry I didn't answer. Just please don't be upset."

"You can't just tell me not to be upset. It may not be a big deal to you, but it was to me. I didn't know if you were hurt or not."

"I get that, but please just listen-"

"Listen? Listen?! You want me to listen when you literally just ignored me for a week?!"

"I don't see why this is so serious to you."

"Because I thought I did something wrong! I thought that I made you mad or that you didn't like me!"

"Zander, why would you think that?"

"I don't know, I piss people off all the time. I wouldn't be surprised if one day I say the wrong thing and lose you too." Zander said as he looked to the side, avoiding eye contact with the taller boy.

"This again? Zander, I've said this before and I'll say it again.." Luke paused, placing his hand on Zander's cheek.

"You will never lose me." He whispered as he wiped away a small tear that fell from Zander's eye.

"I know.. I just thought that maybe I did something that pissed you off."

"Trust me, it's hard to make me upset." Luke smiled and hugged Zander gently, his arms wrapped around his waist.

"I love you, Luke."

"I love you too, Zander."

•~~~~~•

Wow, gay people and angst. 😱

Expect a lot of angst from these oneshots. I really enjoy making characters depressed.