Chapter XIII

The covers kept Sukuna's naked body warm

The covers kept Sukuna's naked body warm. His hand stroked your hair, and his eyes admired your sleeping self next to him. Every inch of your skin was covered in red marks. Your back was barely covered by the sheets, and more of your skin showed as you stirred in your sleep. Your nude chest rose and deflated as you soundly breathed. His fingers couldn't help but rub your rosy cheeks in admiration. A small chuckle nearly left him at the sight of your blushing ears.

Sukuna needed a drink to wake him up, so he adjusted his pants and left the bed to your unconscious self, throwing the covers off of him. The ground was cold as he walked; the chilly wisps of air scratched his chest. His fingers ran through his hair several times, and he gave himself a momentary shut-eye to clear his head. He grabbed the doorknob and walked out of the room, making sure to close the door softly behind him to not disturb you in your sleep. The base was unusually quiet for him. He was never used to this much peace. Sukuna walked into the kitchen, grabbed a shot glass from the cupboard, and surfed the rest of the drawers for a bottle of any alcohol.

Once he'd found a leftover vodka beneath the sink, he unscrewed the cork with his teeth and poured himself a shot. He placed the bottle back on the counter after he replaced the cork again and grasped the shot cup. He dropped back the drink into his mouth and swallowed it with a sigh. He could only think to himself,

𝓦𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓱𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓪𝓶 𝓘 𝓰𝓸𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓽𝓸 𝓭𝓸 𝓷𝓸𝔀? 

A shuffling sound came from behind him, and he slowly turned around to face Sebastian's tired figure. The servant's entire body looked frail, and his hands shook beneath the gloves he always wore. Sukuna scanned his entire body and laid his back against the counter.

"You're a new face I never saw."

"I came to be after you were sealed..."

"Hm..."

Sebastian's voice was low and whispered. Sukuna could only scoff at your servant as he watched Sebastian try to slowly take a seat on one of the dining chairs.

So pathetic in his eyes.

Sukuna moved closer to Sebastian, and the latter immediately tensed at the incoming curse. Sebastian felt a firm hand squeeze his shoulder then leave him alone. Sukuna had left him in the kitchen all by himself.

Sebastian's cursed energy immediately spiked.

ˏ⸉ˋ‿̩͙‿̩̩̽‿̩͙‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̽‿̩͙‿̩͙‿̩̩̽‿̩͙‿̩͙‿̩̩̽‿̩͙‿̩̥̩‿̩̩̽‿̩͙'⸊ˎ

Sukuna watched the bed Amé lay in with calm as he stood in the doorway. Ayako was hung over the side of the bed, asleep next to Amé as he sat on his chair. He didn't wake up when he heard the door unlock and squeak open when Sukuna came in. Ayako was truly tired and unable to keep up for now.