New Beginnings

~Angel POV~

I'm sorry...HE'S WHAT? I immediately get lightheaded as my brain goes through every possible outcome that could come from this. Just a moment ago I was bawling my eyes out, terrified, and now he's confessing his feelings for me?! Is this a joke?! Is he trying to trick me?!

I open my mouth to try and give a response but no words escape. Instead I'm left just sitting on the floor staring at Husk with my mouth agape.

He instead breaks the silence and speaks, "And look...I know you probably don't want to be hearing this right now, Angel...I just fucked up so bad... I probably fucked up everything we had, but I completely lost myself... Seeing you flirt with Clay fucked with my head so bad... I didn't want to believe I was actually falling for you, I swore to myself that I would never fall in love again...But just being around you...You make everything feel so easy Angel. And I know we haven't even known each other for very long, but to me it feels like an eternity... I don't normally say such sappy things, but I feel like I owe you the truth. You are the most honest and straightforward person I've ever met, so I feel like the least I can do right now is be honest with you as well." Husk says, his voice sounded so raw with emotion. As much as I didn't want to believe the words he spoke, the tone in his voice did not lie...he really had fallen for me... just like I had fallen for him...

"Husk I..." I began to speak, my voice was still trembling, this was all still so overwhelming. I thought a few minutes ago he hated me... but he actually loves me?

He cuts me off, beginning to speak again before I could form the words to finish my sentence. "I really don't know what has come over me, Angel...I've never been like this in my life. I spent my entire existence in Hell building up these walls, these walls to keep me from getting too close. I thought if I didn't let anyone in, no one could hurt me... But you just stumbled into my life and knocked down all those walls like it was nothing... and now I...I only want to build them with you inside with me this time..." Husk said. His words nearly brought me to tears. Never in my entire life, alive or dead, had anyone ever said words that moved me like he had.

He began to say something again, but my heart acted before my head. I grabbed onto his face and pulled him into me, kissing him deeply.

~Husk POV~

I see Angel staring at me as I profess my love to him, speaking directly from my heart. I couldn't read his expression at all. I didn't know if he was moved or disgusted, he had a complete poker face.

I began to speak again but was immediately cut off by his lips slamming against mine. This took my breath away. Which honestly is an understatement. This was the last thing I expected.

As his lips were pressed against mine, him kissing me deeply, my wide eyes slowly closed as I began kissing him back. I put my hand on one side of his check, lightly running my fingers through his hair. My head was going completely blank. I swear this felt like a dream. There was no way this was really happening.

After only a few moments, that felt like an entire lifetime, Angel pulled away from the kiss, both of us gasping for air. He looked into my eyes, and I stared back into his. We were both completely silent. I guess we were both at a loss for words.

"Husky I..." Angel finally spoke. As he spoke I noticed tears began to form in his gorgeous eyes. "No one...In either of my lifetimes, has ever brought me to tears with their words." Angel said, he cracked a smile and let out a little laugh as he spoke, as if he was almost embarrassed in a way.

"Every word, Angel...Every word was the truth." I replied, still cupping his cheek in my hand, he leaned into it slightly.

"I...I've been feeling the same way, Husky." Angel said, his words were soft, they sounded like the closest to Heaven I'll ever be.