4 /-/ Funeral

3 and a half weeks later,
Aurelia's POV:
"Matt, can you grab the diaper bag?" I call as I grab both the twins' car seats, "we have to go!"
"I know sis." He chuckles and grabs the bag.
"Aura, pass me one of the car seats, I'll help." Gabby walks over.
"Thanks Gabs, here's Ace." I pass her one car seat.
"Alright, to the Casey Mobile!" Gabby chuckles
"Ok then..." I laugh.
We all get in after putting the twins' car seats in the car. We drive to the funeral and I decide against bringing in the car seats. I carry in both the twins in my arms. We head in. The funeral begins.
"Welcome all, today we are gathered to mourn the loss of Ciara Joslyn Cort. She lost her life giving birth to her twin children. Her wife, Aurelia, would like to say a few words." The father begins
I pass the twins to Gabby and Matt and hop up. I walk over to the stand.
"Uh, hey." I start, "uh, Ciara, she was an amazing person. She was my rock during my time in the army. The mother to my children. The reason they exist. Now, she doesn't get to see them grow up. I miss her so much. Ich werde dich immer lieben. Das ist ein Versprechen, das ich niemals brechen werde."
I sit back down staring into the nothingness till the end of the ceremony. I hold the twins as the casket is carried outside. I walk behind them as it is placed in the hearse. It is driven away. I couldn't stand watching her be lowered into the ground. We went home and I put the twins to bed and then went to my room. I sat on my bed and sobbed. All of my feelings rushing down. I look to the door as it opens and I see Gabby sit on my bed. She puts an arm around me as I break down crying.
"Why!" I sob, "why did she have to die!"
"I don't know Aura. It was her time." Gabby reassures
"Are you sure?" I ask
"Yes." She replies
I wipe my tears.
"Oh god, this is so embarrassing." I chuckle
"Oh honey, no, you're my sister, you're allowed to do this." She reasons
I nod and smile gratefully.
"I'm just gonna take a nap." I tell her as she leaves the room.
I settle down in bed and fall asleep.