11) Little Garden

I meant to get this chapter out on my b'day June 1st but family, job issues, & other things happened.

Lemme know of any grammar mistakes. Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Kou (Y/N)'s POV]

"So this is Little Garden!" Luffy stated.

"What's little about it?" Zoro raised a brow.

"Should've been named Large Garden or Not-So-Little Garden..." I muttered.

"Yeah, this place doesn't quite fit its cute name," Nami said.

"Ahh... It's like a terra incognita. The entire island is a thick jungle!" Usopp informed.

"We have to be careful. I'm worried about what Ms. All Sunday said about this island." Vivi warned.

"A-Are you saying a monster can pop up?!" Usopp started sweating.

"Who knows?" I shrugged. "Are you volunteering to find out, Usopp?" I grinned.

"What!? No! Are you crazy?" Usopp pointed at me.

"Didn't you say you wanted to become a brave warrior of the sea?" I repeated his earlier statement from when we were about to enter the Grand Line.

"W-While I said that... I-It doesn't mean I'm going to be one right now...!" Usopp defended.

"No time like the present Usopp," I smirked.

Usopp looked stressed. "Y-Y'know... I was thinking... How about we go to our next destination without going ashore on this one...?" I rolled my eyes and smiled. I was only messing with him anyway.

"But then the Log can't be stored as quickly," Nami informed.

"Also, we have to stock up on food soon. I wasn't able to restock at the last town we were in." Sanji added.

"I hope there's a BBQ restaurant in here!" Luffy smiled.

"As if there'd be one!" Sanji remarked.

Luffy looked dejected when Sanji said that. "But you said we were going to stock up on food..."

"We'll collect food to cook later! Geez, what're you thinking?" Sanji glared at Luffy.

"But it's dangerous to go ashore." Nami pointed toward the island. "Just take a look at the plants here to start. I've never seen anything like them, even in encyclopedias." 

There was a sudden screech from some animal that was on the island. It made Usopp & Nami yell in surprise. They both covered their head with their hands.

Sanji had a goofy love grin on his face. "How cute~!"

Usopp looked at Sanji with a cutesy face and said, "You mean me~?"

Sanji looked at Usopp angrily. "Obviously, I meant Nami-san!"

I elbowed Sanji gently. "Aw, c'mon. Lighten up, blondie. Can't you see Usopp wants to be called cute too?"

"Yeah, you're so mean Sanji..." Usopp pouted and I went over to do the same with Usopp.

Sanji rolled his eyes. "Oh, shut it. You're both being ridiculous." Usopp and I chuckled at his reaction.

"Uhh... Aren't you guys the least bit worried about what made that sound?" Nami asked.

Sanji gave Nami a reassuring smile. "It's alright. It's nothing to worry about. It's just a bird. Even this being a weird island, this is just a jungle." A big bird descended toward us in the middle of Sanji trying to relieve Nami's worries. Usopp's and Nami's eyes were wide as they ran from their spot while I just stood pointing behind Sanji. There were no words I could've said to prepare him so I didn't say anything. Sanji raised a brow. "What's the matter?" He looked behind himself to see and narrowly avoided the bird trying to take him away. "What was that for, you damn bird?!" Then Sanji turned to me. "And you! Why didn't you say anything if you saw it coming?!"