Missed Train

Chapter 1--- "Missed Train"

"Great, I missed the train." Jillen spoke, sighing.

She looked at her surroundings as she was on top of the train station.

Down below, she sees a coffee shop. The interesting name caught her attention.

Deep in thought, she thinks about visiting. Since she had missed the train and the weather was windy. She was annoyed and needed to clear her head.

She just came out of work.

Her work is basically working for the banquets, but downtown.

The banquet she works for is the biggest in the city.

She has a love/hate relationship with her job.

She loves it because her mother works there and gave her a helping hand on getting her the job as her own daughter dropped out of college and became broke.

She hates it because there are snobby people in and out of the banquet. Whether she has to work with someone or if it was just a customer.

Jillen was always known as having a loud-mouth attitude and a reputation of not giving a fuck about anything or anyone.

Either way, she thanks her mother in every possible way. If it wasn't for her, she'd still be broke.

She decides to enter the coffee shop. Since she missed the train, she decided not to wait for the next one as it would take another hour to show up.

Entering the coffee shop, she noticed how homey it was. A dark red palette with brown accents accentuated the space.

She looks around. People watching.

The coffee shop was rather calming.

She takes a seat on the left side, near a window.

Looking out the window, she contiplated on taking out her laptop.

She takes her big traveling bag with her laptop everywhere, including work.

Her mother was still at work, and since she works late hours now, they both have different schedules, including time.

As she was still people watching, she focused her attention on her laptop.

The bright screen made her eyes squint.

"Uhm, excuse me?" Jillen looked to her right.

A young blonde woman had raised her voice.

"Are you talking to me?" Jillen spoke, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, you see, our policy says you have to buy something if you want to stay here."
The blonde woman spoke.

"What? That's stupid." Jillen replied, scoffing.

"Sorry, but that's our policy. You either buy something or you get out." The blonde woman responded back with an annoyed frown.

"Alright, I'll buy something." Jillen spoke as she shrugged her shoulders.

"Meet me at the cash register, please." The blonde woman spoke, leaving Jillen in her thoughts.

She was left wondering if she should stay at this coffee shop.

As she makes her way to the cash register, she sees a bunch of sweets and coffee as well as tea.

She orders a sweet bubble tea.

"Thank you for listening to our policy." The blonde woman spoke as she handed Jillen her change.

Jillen could only roll her eyes. She thought the policy was stupid, but rules are rules.

"Thanks." Jillen replied as she rolled her eyes.

As she got her bubble tea, she sat down at the exact spot she was sitting at when she got there.

Her laptop is still in place. Grateful that it wasn't stolen like last time.

Her laptop is her security.

She decided to be out in the city for a while.

Going home wasn't such a treat for Jillen.

Home was no longer home. Ever since her dad passed, Jillen and her mother had been having a hard time paying the house. The bills were expensive, and her father was the only source of income they had. His sudden death was devastating.

Soon, Jillen got a job at the banquets. Thanks to her mother. Going to every event possible and working hours and hours.

Jillen and Rosi, aka her mother, are super close. Jillen calls her mother Rosi, short for Rosilen. That's how close they are.

Working with her strengthened their close bond even more, and she couldn't be happier with that. Now they need each other more than ever.

Her mother was still working. She had two reasons to feel bad, and back then, she was a housewife. She loved being a housewife, considering Jillen was an only child. Rosi never had a job, and her mom didn't mind working. It was her mother's way of coping with the loss of her husband.

The other reason Jillen feels bad is because her mother is basically carrying the entire banquet on her shoulders. The banquets always go smoothly thanks to Rosi, and without Rosi, the banquets would be a mess.

To say a mess was an understatement. The banquets, especially the main one, is full of drama.

Jillen hated drama.

She thinks back to the time she was in college. College wasn't bad, but she couldn't afford it after her dad passed. Her father was the one who encouraged her to go to college as he himself went to college and even paid her college tuition. When she couldn't afford it, she dropped out and had gone broke.

Like I said, her father's money was basically her and her mother's income.

Jillen was also involved in a lot of drama at the college, meaning she was the peace maker. That's why she hated drama.

And her job was no different from drama.

                          *♡*♡*♡*♡

Hours passed, and she was still in the coffee shop.

The blonde woman was still in sight.

Jillen had spent a couple of hours at the shop writing away in her laptop. She didn't want to go home.

The blonde woman at the counter made one last stop towards Jillen.

"You have to leave soon. It's eight, we close at eight thirty."

"I know, I'm leaving. What's your name?" Jillen asked. 

"Roxie." She replied.

"Remind me never to come here." Jillen responded as she grabbed her bag, exiting the shop.

"Good." Roxie replied as she closed the door behind her.

Jillen went up the stairway that led to the train. 

She had to wait another hour.

Great, this day didn't turn out the way she wanted it to.

It didn't help that she basically kicked herself out of the shop. 

That shop did get her best interest. She thought about whether to return when the train arrives late.