𝟎𝟑 | 𝑫𝑰𝑬 𝑭𝑰𝑹𝑺𝑻

𝘼𝙁𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙃𝙄𝙎 𝙄𝙉𝙏𝙀𝙍𝘼𝘾𝙏𝙄𝙊𝙉 𝙒𝙄𝙏𝙃 𝘾𝘼𝙍𝙎𝙊𝙉, 𝙂𝙍𝘼𝙔 finds himself sharpening his knife once again. And much to his relief, no one has bothered him in the few hours he's been alone. Not that anyone would to begin with.

Gray tries his damnedest to keep people away, and while it can get lonely sometimes, he finds he'll be less disappointed when they let him down if he doesn't get too close. His parents are great examples. Gray's never met his mother, and his father is an asshole.

"Gray Lawson, right?"

The sound of someone's voice makes Gray's finger's twitch around the small stone and knife in his hands. He was doing just fine without anyone bothering him, but he just had to ruin it. Slowly, the boy looks up to find two boys his age peering down at him.

The closest has slicked hair-- a lot like Bellamy's but not as dark. His humped nose oddly proportionate to the rest of his face, and slim, bored, brown eyes. Gray recognizes him immediately as John Murphy.

They never interacted on the Ark, but they had classes together as kids; and they're both from Farm Station. Murphy was an overall good kid until Jaha floated his father and him mom drank herself to death.

The news was floating around for a while after it happened.

Behind Murphy is a boy Gray doesn't recognize; dark skin, buzzed hair, dark eyes, and a straight nose. Gray's untinterested attitude doesn't seem to bother either of them.

"Who's asking?" Gray finally speaks. And the instant he does, Murphy's lips pull at the corner and he takes a glance at the other boy over his shoulder. Gray senses some hostility, but then again, he doesn't sense anything else in anybody. Always searching for the negative side of things.

"I have a proposition for you."

It takes everything for Gray not to groan out loud. Already uninterested-- not that we was interested to begin with-- he rolls his eyes and peels them away. Instead, he focuses his attention on the blade in front of him. "I really don't care."

Murphy speaks again. "Come on, you haven't even heard what I was gonna say."

"I don't have to," Gray says and swipes the stone against the edge of his blade, "because I'm going to say no either way."

"At least here me out."

"Will you leave me alone if I let you talk?" Gray's eye twitches in annoyance. It not like he's even got a choice in the matter to begin with. They both know Murphy will bother him until he caves. Gray doesn't cave easy, but he is easily annoyed and doesn't have the patience for persistence. It's the reason he can't stand Carson Brown. Carson is persistent, and Gray utterly despises him for it.

"Whatever the hell you want," Murphy answers. In the short few minutes he's spoken to Gray, he always wants to punch the guy in the face. Murphy didn't realize just how much of a dick Gray was, even after everything he's heard. But personality doesn't matter, especially with what he has planned; Bellamy wants everyone behind him, and Gray is the perfect person to start with. Gray looks up at him so he finally speaks.

He tells Gray everything Bellamy told him; taking off the wristbands, making the Ark think they're dead, finally gaining freedom from the pricks in the sky. He even adding in a lie that Bellamy wants him specifically. While the man didn't say that, Murphy's sure it won't be an issue.

Gray's eyes narrow. "Why should I?"

Murphy smirks and shrugs his shoulders. "Like I said-- freedom. Take the wristband off and the Ark won't follow us to earth. Simple as that." The boy then nods to Gray's wrist. "And judging by the condition of that wristband, I'd say you and I want the same thing."