une

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Your POV

"Sasha, what the hell are you doing?! Stop eating those croissants!" 

I panicked when Sasha started eating the freshly baked batch of croissants. She seemed to be startled by me, then shot me a reassuring look.

"Oh, don't you worry—I baked these just for me! These aren't for the order." She said this, smiling as she munched the pastry happily.

I breathed a sigh of relief. Thank God. 

"You know, you almost gave me a freaking heart attack."

"Sorry! I just can't help myself. I've been hungry, so I thought I could use some pastries leftovers to make them."

"Never in my life have I seen you not be hungry, Sasha. Never."

She laughed at my remark as I joined her too. We never went a day in our lives without some playful banter. I guess it was just a friendship thingy? 

Sasha and I have been friends since college, back in French. I learned that she was from Yokohama, Japan, the same as me. We took the same course, which was Baking Arts, and we both enjoyed baking too. After graduation, we went back to Yokohama to open our dream bakery. That's how this bakery existed. 'Boulangerie' we named it after the place where we met and studied.

Enough with our little history. I went to where I was, to my working desk, where I did the packing job. The number of these requested croissants was large. It was a customised order from a huge company in Tokyo. Yokohama to Tokyo is quite far, but not too far.

My hands were busy packing these croissants rather quickly since we couldn't afford to be late on delivery. We had a delivery boy though; he unfortunately couldn't come today due to health matters.

As time flew by, I managed to pack 250 packs of croissants within an hour—a half-quite record, I must say.

"Sasha, can you come over here?" I called. 

"Yes? Do you need help with the packing? I've already finished eating. Oh, and I left two croissants for you."

I smiled at her generosity. 

"Thanks, Sasha, and yeah, could you lend me a hand by counting these croissants? Make sure it's 250 bags, sharp. I want to check the car first."

She nodded and gave me a thumbs-up. 

"Sure thing! Sorry, I couldn't help you with packing, though." 

I gave her a reassuring smile and waved her off. As I grabbed the car key, I glanced at the clock. 

8:19 a.m.

We should be there around 10 a.m. I thought to myself, Breathe a sigh of relief.

I learned that it took almost an hour to reach Tokyo by car. From Google, not by experience. Even so, we need to be there as soon as we can so we don't have to deal with jammed roads. Japan, heh, is always known for its busy roads.

The car's fine, but the fuel was only enough for an hour's journey. We might as well make a quick stop at a nearby gas station on our way there. I made a mental note not to forget about that.

"(Y/N)! They're all 250!" 

I turned around to where Sasha called, as I could see her peeking her head from the door. I gave her a little thumbs-up and a nod.

Alright, the car's ready. Time to get going.'

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*