Going Home

~•~ Leo's POV ~•~

Within a few days Laura and I made it home safely. We arrived a week before Christmas, and because we were here to early we were the ones to tell Mr. and Mrs. Addams what happened so far, word for word. Well really, Laura told everything, I just sat there feeling empty and lost. I need Tessa, and I know it. I've always had her beside me, always had her with me. She was always within a 50 meter radius.
One time she had to go to her grandmas down in the states. And I cried all weekend in my room, huddled up in my bed. I found out that she'd done the same. Tessa had cried the whole ride there, and throughout the whole weekend. We'd both cried ourselves to sleep, each night.
From then on, our parents made sure to never separate us again.
"Leo? Leo you there?" Mr. Addams asks, waving a hand in front of my face.
I shake my head to clear it of my earlier thoughts. "Yes sorry,"
"How are you feeling?" He asks me.
"I'm feeling fine, just a bit tired." I assure him. "Laura has taken good care of me."
"Good, I knew she would." He flashes a look at Laura. "Leo would you like to go see Max and Olivia, maybe help them bake some cookies for Christmas?"
Anything to get distracted. "Sure," Standing up I head to the kitchen in hope to find Max.
"Okay Max? You can't tell anyone." I hear a girl voice say from under the stairs.
"I won't Livy," I hear a boys name reply, definitely Max and Olivia.
"Good," Olivia says.
I tip toe closer to the voices, kneeling down beside the small opening that leads to under the stairs.
"Won't Mrs. Addams notice the all her cookies are gone?" Max asks Olivia.
"No she made so many batches she can't keep track." Olivia giggles at this.
"Okay," Is all he says, then he starts munching on the cookies they must have stolen from the kitchen.
"Hey guys! No invite?!" I ask them. They don't know that Laura and I are back yet. And Max hearing my voice should have shocked him.
"Leo?" He says in a squeaky voice of disbelief. The door flies open, and a 9 year old boy body checks me to the floor. "LEO!" Max shouts hugging me hard, the breath taken away from me.
"Hey Maxy boy!" I say hugging him back.
"I missed you. You were gone so long!" Max pulls back and looks at me. He has cookie crumbs at the corner of his mouth, and I chuckle.
"I know, I know. Sorry." I tell him lightly.
"Where's Tessa?" Max asks and I freeze up.
"She's still in Alberta. I had to come home," I trail off, I can't tell him I was stabbed with a spear.
"Because you were stabbed. I know, I hear Mr. Addams tell Mrs. Addams."
I take a deep breath. "Yes."
"Are you okay now?" Max asks me, poking my stomach. I flinch expecting pain, but I don't feel anything.
"I'm perfectly fine Max, don't worry." I stand up only to brush myself off, then I get on my hands and knees. "Now common, lets go eat those cookies."

~•~ Tessa's POV ~•~

In two days it'll be Christmas, my first Christmas with and as a Downworlder. And I don't know what to expect from them. But I'm mostly excited to see Max and Leo. I want to know if Leo's okay, if he got home alright, if anything happened with him and Laura...?!
But I want to see Max too, I miss him and I'm worried about how he's holding up. If the Wolf House is treating him right?
Bryce, mom and I had gotten off the train and are now in a transportation bus. Later on well be dropped off about 70 kilometres from the Wolf House, and from there we'll run.
Bryce is snoring against a window, and mom is asleep on my shoulder with a blanket over her legs. I sit half asleep in the bus seat simply thinking about the things that have happened over the few months. Who I have become because of this change in life. Who we've all become.
And mostly, what's going to happen now that I have my mom back, that Henry's dead. How Olivia's going to feel when she finds out. What about my Dad, and Leo's Mom? What is everyone else going to think, the people from our old life? There are too many questions swinging in my head, and I swear try will be the death of me.

Sorry this is REALLY short chapter, I just needed something to fill in on what's going on.
So I'm almost finished the book! Just one or two more chapters and I will be finished! I really hope your enjoying my book! Remember to read, comment and vote! ;)

I may write another book to this one, but about Max and Olivia later in life. If you think that's a good idea please comment your opinions!

By the way, if you like reading these types of books, I suggest that you read Ozzy_Fiction 's books! They're amazing, I personally like 'Vampire Queen'.

Thanks my cupcakes, love you all! Thanks for reading ;)