T W O

POV:

Christopher left from the lab and meets up with Edward in the lunchroom a short time later. They grab coffees and find a place to sit.

"So, I guess the driver didn't saw the woman was running after it while she didn't even looking right in front of her. What the hell?" Christopher says.

"She was scared." Edward said, stare down at the dark red liquid is filled in his coffee. "It doesn't make a lot of sense."

He shook his head in disapproval and sips his coffee, which it's actually from human's blood.

"She must have been high as a kite." Christopher suggests, took a few sip.

"Everyone was shock, just like we are. As soon as they saw what's coming for her where the accident occurred and how it happened so fast, we didn't believe she was still a human at first." Edward shakes his head. "I couldn't believe it."

"Yeah, well, lots of girls have a secret drug habit that hubbie knows nothing about," Christopher says, wasn't being helpful as he talk annoying about drugs or something. "Maybe that's why she was in that part of town—then she got high and freaked out by them and she ran to the truck."

"Maybe." Edward pauses and takes another sip of his coffee. "You never know with people."

Edward feels bad for the girl when he first saw her in the operating room with several nurse and doctor, wasn't expecting it was a human. Not a vampire like their own. He looked like he'd taken a punch to the stomach. He did seen a lot in his years, and knows that some of the people they'd least expect are hiding serious problems. What the hell was she doing in this part of town? And running toward the truck? What they had told him about what she did tonight is so out of character that he can't bring himself to believe it. And yet . . . She's in the room and still haven't woken up since the accident. As soon as he can talk to her, he will ask her.

Christopher shrugs. "When we can see her, maybe she'll tell us what the hell she was up to." He takes a last gulp and finishes his coffee. "I'm sure Bromley would like to know, too."

***

THREE MONTH LATER

Edith POV

I gasped! I opened my eyes, widened. Holy fuck... I just woke up from a unpleasant bad dream, was drowning into a confusion and terrifying of something bad is gonna happened... I was staring up at the ceiling tiles for a while and worried that I might... died.

Beat.

I couldn't seem to move. I have been drifting in and out of consciousness. With the increasing awareness of the pain I was having, I moans.

I tries hard—it seems to take a tremendous effort—and forces my eyes to flutter. I felt something like tubes going into my arm. I propped up slightly, and the bed has metal rails on the sides.

The sheets are institutional, white. I know immediately that I was now in a hospital bed and is filled with alarm. I turns my head ever so slightly and feel a painful thudding. I winces and the room begins to spin. Then I saw a woman who is obviously a nurse enters, but everything has turn to blurry field of vision and hovers there, indistinct. I tries to stay focus, but finds I couldn't. I tries to speak, but I can't seem to move my lips. Everything feels leaden, like there's something heavy weighing me down. I blinks. Now there are two nurses. No, it's just one, seeing double.

"You've been in an accident," the nurse says quietly. "Go get Dr. Dalton, tell him the patient is awake." She says, the other nurse hurried leaves the room. "You're lucky that you're alive. We are glad you made it this far."