౨ৎ 𝘓𝘌𝘛 𝘐𝘛 𝘎𝘖.

𝙈𝙀𝙇𝘼𝙉𝙄𝙀'𝙎 𝙋𝙊𝙑- ☆
____________

Melanie hummed along to the song playing in the background as she carefully applied her mascara, careful not to get any under her eye. She hated that. 'I'm sure sorry 'bout your son,' She took a pause to put her mascara away, then put on her cheerleading cardigan. 'I heard he was a lot of fun, and i'm sorry 'bout the way, that he ran away.' Melanie smiled to herself in the mirror and gave herself a thumbs up. 'Your gonna do great today, just hope no one drops you!' She laughed at her own joke and grabbed her bag, looking up at the one of many rick and morty posters on her wall and leaving her house, immediately calling her boyfriend Leo.

'Where are you? I can't see you at the gates Baby,' Leo spoke down the phone as Melanie rushed off to school, hoping she wouldn't be late for school. 'I'm just round the corner...I see  you sweeite!' She hung up the phone with a smile as she ran towards her boyfriend, giving him the biggest hug ever as she looked up at him with a smile, she loved him so much, despite him being a little controlling and kind of obsessive, she didn't mind. She still loved him dearly. The two sweethearts walked into school, girls and boys already drooling over the two of them, but they managed to make it to Melanie's locker, her immediately getting out the books she'd need for the day and putting them in her backpack before turning to Leo with a smile, waving slightly at a girl who had big blocky blue glasses and braces, she seemed sweet, and Melanie was 30% sure her name was...Romanie? No. Riley? Nu uh. Rosetta! That was it, she seemed kind.

𝙍𝙊𝙎𝙀𝙏𝙏𝘼'𝙎 𝙋𝙊𝙑 - ★
____________

Rosetta, or Ettie as people called her, walked through the halls with her one friend Lilly, the one friend she actually had. She smiled as that popular girl, head of the cheerleading team, waved at her with a smile, she loved nice Melanie was, she wished they could be friends, but it's not like someone like her could be fiends with someone as beautiful and elegant as Melanie, she had no hope.

Lilly clapped in Rosetta's face, trying to get her to stop staring at Melanie who was now speaking to some of her friends, but mainly a boy named Milo who was what seemed to be her best friend. 'Ettie! Stop staring at her, we need to speak about setting up the hall for the basketball game tonight, making it safe the cheer team? Or do you care more about their beautiful, magical, amazing captain Melanie!' Lilly joked, laughing as Rosetta gave her a dirty look and snarled at her. 'Oh shut up, it's not like you don't have a massive crush on her little best friend Milo!' Her friend blushed? sighing as she brushed her hair out of her face, 'Okay fine, let's just talk about the basketball stuff or whatever.

They had a great conversation, and now they had to go and do it all sadly, that was the worst part. Lucky for Rosetta though, she only had to direct the Safety team while the Cheerleaders got prepped and ready for practice by Melanie, which was another plus to being on the student council, getting to see Melanie's beautiful face almost every day. Once they made it to the Sports hall Rosetta's eyes immediately lead towards Melanie taking off her cheer jacket, smiling to herself as she took a very detailed stare at Melanie's smooth, dark Jamaican skin that Rosetta could only imagine felt like cotton, until she was immediately snapped out of by the Saftey team walking in, in which she immediately began shouting orders into what they'd have to do. This was by far her favourite time at school.

𝙈𝙀𝙇𝘼𝙉𝙄𝙀'𝙎 𝙋𝙊𝙑- ☆
____________

Melanie had noticed Rosetta staring at her, but she had never said anything as she started prepping her team, reminding them of the steps they had to do and making them do some dynamic stretches to warm their bodies up, which didn't take too long as they all knew the steps and they had learnt to do it quite quickly. After finishing, they all wandered over to where they'd be performing tonight, also were the safety team was, which was also where Rosetta was. To be nice, Melanie made her way over to Rosetta with a smile on her face, 'Hey! Your Rosetta aren't you? Can i call ya Rosie? I'm gonna call you Rosie girl, how areeee you?' She asked with a little giggle on the end, waiting for a reply.

Rosetta, or Rosie as Melanie had called her looked slightly nervous but she managed to get out a reply, 'Mm, i'm okay, this job is tiring though, am i right?' Rosie chuckled nervously as she spoke to her, adjusting her specks as she waited form a reply from Melanie. 'Yesss, being cheer captain gives me so much pressure sometimes being the main focus and all...But i better head back to practice, talk later!' Melanie smiled at her as she gave her a hug and left for practice, running over to her group and getting straight into it, practicing her little flips and everything.

It took around an hour to practice, and by the time they had finished Melanie's face was red hot and her afro had gotten really poofy, which she always hated, but she felt like actually suited her right now so she decided to leave it. She saw Rosie coming up behind her from her mirror, so she turned around and smiled at her excitingly, she loved speaking to Rosie for no reason, it made her feel like she was actually listening and she wasn't just there for the fact that she was just popular. 'What's up Rosie?' She asked, closing her mirror and sliding it into her bag before she turned back to rosie. 'Mm...Wanna eat lunch with me today? if you want to anyways.' She spoke, hoping she'd agree. 'Of course! Meet me there okay!' Melanie hopped off with her bag, running after her friends.

word count :: 1031 words !!

(IM SO PROUD OF THISSSSSS OMG.)