1 | Meeting Your Trainer

// This story is written in the third-person omniscient, so it won't be like the usual first-person (i.e. I). Anywhoo, I hope you'll enjoy it!

___________________________________________

After finally being appointed the role of lower rank 2, Muzan had assigned a trainer to Y/N. Of course, having a trainer was nice, but it lead Y/N to reluctantly question their competency in Muzan's eyes. However that one suspicious detail didn't matter.

Just being in the Twelve Kizuki was a big deal. To numerous less significant demons, the rank of a Kizuki meant that you were destined to become powerful; being even a lower rank was enough for a huge life upgrade. Every demon wished to be worthy in Muzan's eyes with a few exceptions like Lady Tamayo-someone Muzan had mentioned to avoid or capture if possible.

Y/N's eyes already had their kanji carved into it. Their left eyes having the kanji '2' and the other having the kanji 'lower moon'. They also recieved their share in Muzan's blood-a significant acheivement.

- -

However, this left Y/N to wonder who he trainer was. Who was the one experienced enough that would give up their important time to train a newbie that-very recently-had a territory of a simple village.

Muzan had instructed Y/N to meet their trainer at midnight in Mount Natagumo, where one of the lower ranks like Y/N ruled. They assumed that it might be Rui, the Spider Demon, since they seemed to not have any important duties to attend to. Of course, that was just a guess.

Y/N arrived in the woods of Mount Natagumo, spotting the soft flakes of snow that dribbled down onto the grounds of the mountain. Most of the cedar trees had layers of snow that had fallen on them while the bushes had a much bigger blanket of snow.

"Mmm, how peaceful." Y/N commented very calmly. The sight of flowers covered with heavy snow brought an unusually familiar solace.

As Y/N observed the wintery scenery, they couldn't help but think that this would be the perfect day to make snow angels-like when they were a simple human. Y/N quickly cleared that thought out of their mind, feeling a bit disgraceful that they would dare think back to their weak, painful human days-ones that they would rather forget.

Soon, the sound of snow being flattened was heard by Y/N who had assumed that the figure walking closer was a human. Not wanting to waste time, they stubbornly prepped themself for an effortless and quick kill, and waited for the 'human' to saunter a tad bit nearer.

After a few seconds of rushed targeting, Y/N pounced, their hand ready in the position to perform a sharp, cat scratch, however their arm was locked firm in a grip. The figure now couldn't possibly be a lower-being like a human-it had to be something more.

"What...?" Y/N muttered, surprised, as they aimed their gaze away from the pale, strong hand that had stopped them to look up at the anonymous figure's face.

Y/N's annoyed glance was met by six ominous eyes, that read the kanji 'upper moon 1', staring back at them in curiosity.