ONE

"You may not be interested in war,but war is interested in you

but war is interested in you."

Leon Trotsky

June 15, 2017

Smithfield, VA

⛧  ⛧  ⛧

Demon.

Demonio.

Daemonium.

Agma.

In every language, every culture, every religion - there are demons.

Some religions are under the perception that demons are simply guardian spirits, or are either good or evil spirits who try to influence the human psyche. In Christian and Jewish theology, demons have always been considered evil; fallen angels that can lead humans to sin through direct interaction, or through providing forbidden knowledge.

A belief in spirit beings is universal, as is a belief in related phenomena such as spirit possession, and the struggle against possession by exorcism.

Spirit possession is an unusual or an altered state of consciousness which is purportedly caused by the control of a human body and its functions by ghosts, demons, angels, or Gods. In Catholicism, it is believed that possession derives solely from the Devil, or from demons.

I've been a hunter for twelve years, and have performed, or assisted in, hundreds of exorcisms in an effort to rid a human body of some kind of demonic possession. Or what a human believed was demonic possession.

In reality, true possession is rare. Most of the time, it's just a person that's suffering from an illness, or drug abuse, or it's simply a cry for attention.

However, every once in a while, I'm forced to come face-to-face with a real demon. One of Lucifer's soldiers.

Such as the one in front of me.

It's tied to an old, wooden chair in the center of a pentagram, a symbol of protection used to banish evil spirits and the only thing currently keeping the demon where it is, in the basement of a dusty abandoned church.

My heart is thundering in my chest, as it does during every exorcism, real or not, while Father Warren recites a passage from the bible in the Dead Language.

"Exsúrgat Deus et dissipéntur inimíci ejus: et fúgiant qui odérunt eum a fácie ejus!" He shouts, holding a thick, iron cross up to the red-faced vessel, or host, sat in front of us. A lower-level demon, one that my best friend, Yoona, and I managed to summon, and trap only hours ago. "Sicut déficit fumus defíciant; sicut fluit cera a fácie ígnis, sic péreant peccatóres a fácie Dei!"