IMPORTANT

Author's Note

I began writing my first draft of Breathe, Tommy here on Wattpad on my old account @cupofli back in 2018. I was seventeen going on eighteen and figuring myself out, then I went through severe sexual trauma on multiple occasions and as a result, so many other traumatic things including a suicide attempt, self-harm, depression, and my body shutting down more times than I could count. I have wanted to die so many times. And I have innately fought to live, so many times. I've spent the past four years fighting for my light back, I tried writing many times without it and I couldn't.

Then, a week ago, I was intuitively guided back to this book. I had left off at 50k words into the original first draft. I spent three days cooped up inside, banging out another 20k words to finish the first draft, and I did. There are a couple of missing pieces I'll be drafting along the way.

I share this because when I started writing this again, that was the turning point. That's when I realised I did it - I got it back. I got my light back. I got me back. I experienced such a fulfilling joy that reminded me, ever since I was thirteen, this has always been my dream. Writing, sharing my messages, and touching the life of someone else on this planet with it. No darkness I have witnessed and endured gets to take that away from me.

It's mine. And now this book is yours, too.

May this book heal you, help you, support you, understand you, and show you grace as much as it has for me.

To eighteen-year-old Lisha, I am so proud of your courage. You were always my driving point. I was always going to come back for you. Always.

Lots of love to everyone here,

Lisha 🖤

˙ᵕ˙

IMPORTANT NOTE

This book contains:

- Drug use/underage drug use

- Homophobia and physical descriptions of violence

- Vivid descriptions of anxiety and panic attacks

- Underage drinking

Also contains:

- Tommy's humorous parents 

˙ᵕ˙

THIS IS A SECOND DRAFT, this will still need revisions, so excuse any plot holes, typos, errors, etc.

The cover to this book has been drawn and designed entirely by myself.

The old version of this book uploaded on @cupofli will remain up because I'm locked out of that account since it's been literal years, not to be confused with this new version.

To anyone who read the old version years ago before I took down most of the chapters to rework them, thank you for your support then 🖤 and welcome back. I appreciate you dearly.

˙ᵕ˙

© 2024 Lisha Lewis (casualencounter) All Rights Reserved

This book and its cover are entirely owned by me and are not to be taken or posted elsewhere including in other languages without my direct permission.