The princess and the raven chapter 1

This story begins in the land of Montegule, a vast kingdom of many monsters and creatures of all shapes and sizes living in harmony.

In any great kingdom you must have a powerful royal family, Montegule has but a queen and her daughter the king had unfortunately passed due to an illness brought on by a curse.

Though there are only the two of them in the castle that does not mean they are weak by any means, if anything it made them stronger after all they keep everything in balance and with a kingdom full of monsters of all sorts along with humans it is crucial to make sure that everyone is treated equally so the land can remain peaceful.

Now lets shift our focus on the daughter of the queen, the princess's name was Cordelia

Her name meaning "heart" as she embodies kindness and love, she is currently on a journey to study all kinds of things including, monster history, herbal medication and foraging safety, and magic.

Cordelia was particularly excited about studying magic as she had a strong fascination towards the art. She wanted to learn all she could about it, she wanted to be able to perform it, she wanted to help others with her studies.

Determination ran through her as she had set all of her bags in the back of the carriage that would take her to her first destination of study, the "immortal forest".

The immortal forest was just as it was named, it is a forest that will never die no matter how many times you cut down its trees no matter how many roots, herbs and flowers you take it will all grow back at astonishing speeds. It is said that the immortal forest is full of raw magic giving everything in that forest everlasting and powerful life and it is also why it seems to light up at night with beautiful colors, golds, blues, pinks, reds, purples, whites, and so much more making it a spectacle to behold.

Some say that just being near the forest you feel rejuvenated by its purity and that is why it is protected even if people believe it will never die you can never be too careful, the queen wanted to make sure the forest was kept from those who seek to manipulate its raw power for evil.

Getting into the carriage she makes herself comfortable and is about to shut the door before one of the royal servants holds the door open and leaning into the carriage to speak to her, and in a very proper tone of voice they say "your highness, i do apologize for my intrusion but i must inform you that the queen has arranged security for you" she sighs thinking she is going to be sent out with a knight "i had asked mother not to send me with a knight, it draws too much attention" she sighs out annoyed until the servant corrects her assumption "we are aware of that and we have made some accommodations" they pause for a moment then steps aside to reveal a tall bird folk man with pitch black feathered wings and tail feathers along with taloned raven like legs that bent backwards and lightly coated by little black feathers down to the knee while the rest was bare, aside from the bird like features he was majority human.

he had black slick back hair that seemed to stand up on the ends creating a spikey almost feather-like look at the back of his head, he had a slightly pointed nose and jawline with big squared eyes with a midnight-blue colour. he wore a grey V-neck long sleeved shirt and some black shorts that seem to blend into the colour of his leg feathers.

he seemed to have an unmoving serious face though it did not bother Cordelia.

the man slowly approaches the princess and bows showing respect as he begins to speak.