Chapter 1

Thank you @ModernDayHistory for the Inspiration                            

                             "I know what love is,  because of you." — Unknown 

Ever since their divorce a year prior, they kept a friendly relationship that was a lot healthier compared to their relationship when they were married by far. They called on the phone every now and then, mainly to sort out arrangements for their sons, William and Harry but sometimes shared genuine conversations going on for hours at a time. Sometimes, Charles went up to Diana's residence in Kensington Palace to see how she was doing and check up on her, leaving her friends stunned when they saw Charles exiting just as they arrived to see her themselves.

One particular day, Charles casually went to go and see Diana and when he knocked on the door her secretary, Patrick, opened the door.

''Your Majesty, Lady Spencer is getting ready for an event. But come in, and I'll let her know you're here.'' Patrick said politely stepping aside to go and inform Diana that her ex husband has come to see her.

Charles stood there for a moment before entering her residence, she had kept 'their' so called apartment relatively the same apart from the fact his belongings weren't there anymore and a few other minor changes. 

''I didn't know she had an engagement today..'' Charles mumbled to himself before sitting down and waiting for Diana. When Diana walked in, Charles thought to himself 'Bloody hell..she's changed.' Since their divorce Diana had began to be more daring with her choice of clothing, and this specific day she was wearing a white dress with bits of sparkle on it, its length above her knees by a couple inches or so. When she sat down, the dress slid up slightly, reminding him of what a wonderful pair of legs she has.

''Hi Charles, how are you doing?'' Diana said with her usual cheerful tone and happy smile after greeting her ex-husband with the customary kiss on both cheeks as she sat down beside him in the living room. Charles cleared his throat, hoping he hadn't been caught staring at her legs the way he was but for some godforsaken reason, he wondered if she was wearing any underwear under that dress. He was bound to have a dream about her tonight, he just knew it. Lately, Charles had begun to see Diana in a way he never used to. In a more...mature way. She had changed so much in a single year, gone was the shy, innocent 16 year old Diana he once knew. Far gone by a long shot.

''I-I'm good. Anyways, Patrick said you're going for an engagement?'' Charles said, hoping his embarrassment hadn't slipped through his tone. Why was he staring at her like that? She's his ex-wife, Charles thought to himself. But something was pulling him towards her in a certain way..he just couldn't figure out what or why.

Diana smiled and nodded ''Yes, I am going to the Met Gala this evening. Speaking of..'' She paused checking her watch before standing up, Charles standing up a few moments after. ''I must go now. I'll see you another time.'' Then she gave him the customary kiss on both cheeks seeing him out. ' He's acting weird..'  Diana thought to herself once he had left, but shrugged it off; chalking it up to stress or whatever, so she grabbed her purse and left for the engagement.

Later On...

Charles was making love to Camilla, and called her by Diana's name..making her go into a fit of rage and say ''Really Charles?! REALLY?'' Then put on her clothes and as she was about to walk out Charles said 

''Darling,no! I didn't mean too..I'm sorry!'' 

But it fell on deaf ears, and Camilla left slamming the door behind her. Now he'd really done it. He'd called her by name of the woman he left her for. Diana. He'd really screwed himself over this time, though it was an accident he'd just contradicted himself and also angered Camilla, the one he supposedly loved. Charles had told Camilla how much he didn't like Diana like that and all sorts of that subject, so why'd he call her Diana? That night he lie in bed, looking up at the ceiling, questioning his decisions. Was he right to leave Diana? Did he even try to fix their marriage?  Does he even love Camilla or is it all just lust? So many questions ran through his head. Was Camilla even with him for the right reasons? Are his feelings for Diana still there? Slowly, exhaustion overcame him and he fell asleep...