Chapter 7

As I sit straight up at my seat, waiting for Felix. I scrolled down through my TikTok, watching GRWMs videos.

Minutes after, Felix didn't showed up. I looked around, then saw one of Felix's mate. He found me, "Hey! Are you Felix's friend?"—he comes closer—"Nice to meet you!" He was nice, he offered me a hand.

"Hi!" I smiled.

"Hi, so what are you doing here?" He asked.

"No, I'm meeting Felix," I exhaled as I straight up my body, as I leaned it to the chair.

"Wait, you don't know? He's with Viella, his girlfriend? I don't know if she was Felix's girlfriend. But I heard, he's out with her, and having their date; Felix never gave up courting Viella since ninth grade, now he have her, I don't think he's gonna be messy anymore," he laughed. "I've got to go, my date is waiting for me," his teeth clenched.

My heart shattered, it fell into pieces. I tried not to cry, I vowed to Caitlyn not to cry anymore, if she finds out about, she's going to be upset on me. Not to cry. I grabbed my phone on my pocket, crabbing out thinking should I text Zar? Since he's around somewhere. No. I'm not going to. As I put my phone back to my pocket. I head out to the diner, I walked to the bus stop. I sat down, with my back curving. I started crying, sobbing, sniffling and shaking. I couldn't think anything but to feel ashamed of myself. I bite one's nail, a few hours of waiting of him, he didn't showed up because he got a date.

I grabbed my phone, out of my pocket, again. I texted Gab, "Gab, are you busy?" I bite my one's nail. My eyes were swollen due to crying. I feel heavy on my heart. I pulled my hair, and made a fist. I continued crying, later, I got a call from Gab.

I felt the vibrate on my pocket and I picked it up, "Gab, can you pick me up?" I speak on my phone. "Sure. I'll be there, just wait there!" Gab panicked and hung up the phone. I sniffled, and a guy sat next to me, his shoes were familiar. I think I saw it somewhere, or at school, I don't know.

He looked down on me, "Sir, are you okay?"

I looked up to him, my eyes widened as I saw his face. It was the guy I encountered on the field, after Zar's training on football, I sniffled, "Oh, yeah I'm okay"—wiped my tears and nose—"I'm sorry, hehe." I chuckled.

"I think I met you before," he took a wallet from his pocket, that seems familiar and he open it, and glanced at it and then gaze at me. "Oh shit, you're the guy from the field; the owner of this wallet, heh," he laughed.

He gave me my wallet, "Thanks" I smiled but my nose were too runny so I had to wipe it all the time. We had an awkward silence, a few minutes, he came to me, "I'm Koby– Koby Monroe," he offered me a handshake. I gave him my hand, I was too nervous to approach like that, because my hands were too wet due to my tears and cold.

"Jaxon, Jaxon Taylor. But you can call me Jack," I smirked.

"Oh that's a wet there," he chuckled.

After that another awkward silence, but this time Gab was here to pick me up, "Jack!" Gab ran close to me, "Are you okay? What happened?" She asked me, while rubbing my back. "Let's go home, let's talk about that in the car," she lead me to her car, while pulling hip and looked down and started to cry, again.

Gab started the engine, "Tell me what happened," I felt the angst on her voice while holding the steering wheel. "Caitlyn, was right, he was bad, bad, news. But you never listen," she added.

I cry and told everything to her, "Felix, was lying to me all the time. He used me as a fuck body, I feel ashamed. I'm sorry Gab and for Caitlyn, I should've listen from the start," I sobbed.

She clenched her fist on the steering wheel, "I'll tell Caitlyn about this, she must know." I shook my head, "Please don't, I promise I'll be the one to share this to her, please?"

Gab nodded.

I look straight, gazing at the windshield, while my vision is still blurry, by tears on my eyes. The light rays caught me, later that, I fell asleep.

****

I cried for a whole week, after Felix left Summerhill. I can't believe he left me without saying goodbye. I locked myself in my room.

Caitlyn visits me, I heard a knock, "Jack, your friend is here," Mom said. I stared myself in the mirror, "Come in, and Mom can you get us snacks, please?"

"Okay" and Mom opened the door and Caitlyn entered. She jumped to my bed, "Are you okay? I know it's hard to forget a friend," she said and rested her chin on her palm, while sitting with cross-legged  position.

I came closer to her and hugged her, "Thank you, Caitlyn. I'll be a better friend, I swear—don't ever leave me," I cried continuously.

"Oh, sis I will never leave you, plus I'm having a big party tonight, because it's Friday and it's my birthday!" She exclaimed. "Now you better not cry and look at you face, you're having a big bug-eyes. Now time to prepare, I'll be waiting at my place, tell your Mom to drive you there, okay? Now go find an outfit," she squealed.

I wiped my tears off of my cheeks and Caitlyn left the room, I looked on my closet. I found this blavk and yellow leather blazer my father gave me before he says goodbye. I hugged it and whispered, "Pop, you're the only person and Mom I only trusted. I miss you Pop," a tear crawled down my face.

I grabbed a white tee and and a baggy black jeans, I wore them on and the blazer.

I spoke to Mom to take me at Caitlyn's place. She cried when she the blazer I was wearing, she hugged me. "Glad, you wore that. Okay, I'm taking Jacob, Katrina told me, plus he'll enjoy the night, he's meeting new kids there. Me and Katrina we'll have our own party too together with the PTA members there," she explained.

I nod, "Okay, can we go now?"

"Sure," she brought Jacob. As we left the house, Mom locked the house and left the house.