3

After a busy schedule, Anup Sen finally got a break. He has taken shelter at a hotel in Bakkhali, Namkhana. Mr. Sen is one of the most renowned authors of Bengali literature at present. He stays in Tollygunge, Kolkata. A middle-aged, tall man with a French-cut white beard. He generally writes in the thriller genre; his scripts are adapted into many Bengali as well as Bollywood films and some foreign short films. From this, we came to know how successful he is, but every bad time, the same thing happened with Mr. Sen. Out of his 21 novels, his last three were disasters, and critics have bashed those three novels. It was a very depressing time for him. He started suffering from writer's block, so he decided to go out on vacation. He stayed on the third floor of Hotel Nilanchal, and the view from the balcony was awesome near the beach. Also on the left, there was a tree where the sparrow sat and chirped. This kind of environment will help him write something new; he has already brainstormed some ideas on his own. It was already afternoon here, so without any delay, he went for lunch. In the evening, he went out for a walk. The place where Mr. Anup stays is near the beach but not the main beach; it is within a 15-20 minute walking distance. It was a quiet and good place for walking. He went out for a walk wearing a kurta. While walking, he feels the wind on the beach. Generally, he walks very fast, but today his pace is slower than at other times. While walking, he saw the sea-red crabs moving into their holes, afraid of him, and he also tried to catch them like a child. After walking for half an hour, he reached the main beach, where a lot of people were there; some were enjoying the sea, some were engaged in boating, and some had come for a walk. After spending his time in his office room, he started forgetting the outside world. The wind near the sea has brought a new chapter into his life. After having tea near the beach, he returned to his hotel. When he returns to his hotel room, A call came from the publisher; he was enquiring about Anup's next book, but this time he didn't have any answers. He was supposed to write, but his body was not helping him; it was challenging to work after a long journey, so he ordered his dinner, and after having it, he slept at 8:30 p.m. Suddenly, he woke up and found himself on a vacant island all alone, and the sun was in his head. He was shocked to see himself there. At some distance, he saw a man standing there, showing his back. He called the man, but he didn't respond. When he went near him, he was still not listening. So he came near him and put his hand on the man's shoulder. When the hand touched the shoulder, the body scattered into sparrow birds flying circularly around him and chirping. The chirping became so loud and irritating that he put his hands on his ear and kneeled there. He was supposed to die, then his eyes were open. He found himself in the bed. He was breathing heavily, and his eyes were red. He drank a glass of water after realizing that it was a dream. He went out to the balcony of the hotel, still breathing heavily. After a few seconds, he started listening to the sound of sparrows chirping again. He then looked at the wall clock; it was just 2:30 AM. It was strange to listen to this kind of sound. He looked here and there, searching for sparrows, and suddenly his eyes went towards the floor of the balcony. He saw a sparrow lying there, counting his last few breaths. He was shocked to see this. It was beyond his expectations in a hurry he came back to his room and called the room service, describing the incident that happened in his room while speaking he was breathing heavily like he had seen a ghost after some time a sweeper came to his room to clean the balcony, when the sweeper enters the room he was shocked to see Mr. Sen, his horrifying face his eyes became red and widened then the staff went to clean when the staff saw no bird was lying she confronted Mr. Sen and told that nothing is there in response Mr. Sen shouted at her saying she is telling lie his sound was so loud that the person in his nearby room came to know what happened, from the nearby room a man came wearing brown night dress having spectacle of the golden frame in his eyes, he has a black mustache and his age will be same or close to Mr. Sen's age. At first, he knocked on the door and said, "May I come in?"

"Come here and see the liars in the hotel." Mr. Sen growled.

"Ok, but what happened?" The man asked

Mr. Sen explained all the incidents to the man. After listening to this, he told the staff to go and make Mr. Sen calm and give him some sleeping pills. After taking the pills, he slept. The next morning he woke up; it was 8 a.m., and he went out to have breakfast. On the way, he met the staff who had come to clean yesterday, and with simulated humility, he apologized to her. He has to do it because he is going through a bad time in his career. If this came in front of the media, it would have a huge impact on his social status. At the hotel's restaurant, he visited to have breakfast. He saw the man who had come last night. He came there and sat in front of him. On seeing him, the man said, surprisingly, "I don't think you have to wake up so early after having the pills."