nine

As Mariah walked into the training facility she tried to hide her smile but couldn't help it. Toni and Harley were instantly aware of it.

"You know if I didn't know Turtle I'd say she was fucked last night." Toni's comment earned the middle finger she got from the younger woman.

"No we didn't quite frankly. I'm not a slag." Mariah's eyes met Toni's and she could see that the older woman instantly regretted her words.

"I didn't mean it like that. You just.... You look happy and it's nice to see." Toni explained getting a nod.

"I know and to give you a summary.... It was one of the best dates I've ever been on." The two blondes in the ring exchanged a glance before smiles grew along their lips.

"Thats bloody wonderful to hear. Now get in here. I need help with something." Toni said with a devious laugh.

"I've got to stretch first." Mariah commented as she climbed up onto the apron.

"Since when do you stretch?" Toni questioned before Harley laughed.

"Since she realized Turtle was here with Kris and them." Mariah immediately moved to stretch hiding her face as it turned bright red.

"Look at her Harley." Her middle fingers extended towards both women.

"I hate you both." Mariah stated.

"You do not. You wouldn't have met him without us." Harley shot back before Mariah looked at them. "Just saying...."

"I-I just-." She was cut off by an ear piercing scream. As quickly as it came out silence fell upon the entire training facility. They all looked in different directions before Toni was pushing the two hard.

"Go. Get out the fucking ring." She was just about throwing them towards the apron trying to get them to move.

"Toni what the...." Mariah trailed off when she heard Kris.

"Someone call an ambulance!" Harley was the one to keep Mariah on her feet as Toni ran towards where Kris was. Kris was in the center of a ring hovering over a still form. Her hands though slightly shaking were keeping their head stable. "I-I-I.... I-I j-j-just...." She was stumbling over her words as her tear filled eyes met Toni's. The blonde slid into the ring and stoped when she confirmed exactly who it was.

"K-Kris.... I-I can't-." Andrew's word caught in his throat. Toni looked around all but grateful as she saw multiple people on their phones.

It was a whirlwind of bodies. The second the ambulance arrived everything seemed as though it had moved into fast forward. Andrew was carted off with Kris in tow who was calling his family. As Mariah was pulled into the back of Toni's car by Harley both blondes could see her begin to break down.

"Stay in the back with her." Harley didn't even hesitate to nod before Saraya and Ruby Soho were both climbing into the car as well.

"I've called my surgeon and I told Kris about it as well." Saraya said quietly to Toni who gave her a gentle squeeze. "He's going to be okay." She said before looking back at Mariah who was being engulfed in a tight hug by Harley and Ruby. The younger woman's head was in her hands as she silently cried.

"I can't even imagine what she's feeling.... Literally was just saying it was the best date she's had and now...." Toni's words were quiet and careful so only Saraya could hear as she followed the ambulance.

"Hes going to be alright." Saraya said again getting a hesitant nod from Toni. "He will...." She was trying to convince herself as well as Toni.

"I hope so." The blonde responded as she looked back in the rearview mirror at Mariah. "When we stop yous go.... Give me a minute with her." Saraya nodded as they pulled into the hospital. The second the car stopped they were all moving. When Toni stopped Mariah, Harley gave her a questioning look before leaving it be as she was pulled away by Saraya. "Take a breath." Toni said quietly as her arms wrapped around Mariah.

"I-I-I j-j-just...." The older woman nodded as her arms carefully tightened.

"I know. But you've got to breathe. We don't need you in there too Love. He will be alright. Saraya's called her surgeon. He will get here and Andrew will be alright. You're going to have more amazing dates with him." Toni said softly. Mariah pulled away before she could feel her tears get wiped away. "Bloody hell have you fallen hard for the little turtle."

"He hates that yous call him that." Toni laughed lightly.

"And that's why we do. Gotta give him shit just like he does with us. Give it time. You'll get it too and have even more fun giving it back. Just gotta break the turtle out of his shell a little bit more." Toni could feel herself get pulled back in for a hug. "You ready to go in?" A nod came from Mariah.

"Thank you Toni." A gentle squeeze came from the older woman.

"It's what I'm here for. It's hard when someone you care about goes through something like this. I nearly fainted when Juice told me his hands were going numb." Their eyes met for a moment.

"The knot in my stomach is massive." Toni's hand gently ran along the younger woman's arms.

"I know it is.... But just means that the little turtle has found his way into your den you fox." Mariah couldn't help her laugh.

"You're an ass don't bloody call me that." Toni laughed before she pulled Mariah back in for a quick hug.

"You needed the laugh and the analogy worked because you know it's the truth. You've worked your way under his shell and he's done the same with you. You just don't live under a shell like he does. You're that slight bit of crazy that he needs in his life. Just like he's the calm you need." Their eyes met for a moment before Toni wiped a stray tear from Mariah's cheek. "He will be alright. I know it's hard to stay positive but he will and then we can kill Kris later."

"Don't think that's necessary. We both know the guilt is going to eat her alive." Toni nodded at Mariah's words before speaking.

"That it is. Hence why we should get our bums in there."