The Greatest Love Story (First Glimpse)

• Dedicated to 'Paul Ramos

Love is not just about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. it is not about how much love you have in the beginning, but how much love will you build until the end.

 i still believe in true love, although i've gone so many pains and so many failed relationships. but everything changes. there's always love. and there will be always one person who'll change everything. a person who'll knocks off your feet.

It was late midnight last November 6, 2012. My mom expected me to be asleep during that time. but I couldn't. So i grab my phone and texted some of my friends, thinking that they're still awake and could offer me a good talk to make me fall asleep.

5 minutes later, i got a reply from one of my colleagues. he was my old sophomore colleague in college. I haven't seen him since we got into our junior year. i hate this guy actually. he's so bully and boastful. i have nothing to do but try to make myself fit in and answer his message.

HIM: "how are you?"

ME: "fine, and you?"

HIM: "great. still not sleeping?"

ME: "coz i can't. insomia? i think?"

HIM: "can i call?"

ME: "no. you can't. my mom will get mad if she caught me texting and having phone calls during this late midnight."

HIM: "c'mon! just a few seconds."

ME: "no."

HIM: "please, just listen. don't talk. okay?"

ME: " all right."

my phone rang and i answered it immediately so that mom would not hear it. his sweet voice caught my attention. a fact that my brain started to react. a strange feeling i never felt before.

HIM: "hello? (laughs*) just listen okay?"

it's amazing how you, can speak right to my heart.. without saying a word, you can light up the dark.. try as i may i can never explain, what i hear when you don't say a thing.. the smile on your face let's me know that you need me, there's a truth in your eyes saying you'll never leave me, the touch of your hand says you'll catch me, wherever i fall. you say it best, when you say nothing at all.

"sorry for that. i have a bad voice. hope it could help. good night."

after he dropped the call, it made me more think about him. i couldn't sleep anymore. what did he done? i really can't sleep. he sang me a song? i thought, he said he don't like me and that he hated me so much that he could slap me on my face and curse me into death.

well, he said that to me a year ago. but this is so strange. something peculiar. and i can't explain.

days gone by and i acted normally. i thought it was just nothing. but he still managed to send me sweet messages everyday. asking me for a date. getting to know me and such the like.

i couldn't take it anymore. so i asked him directly.

ME: "what is it running on your mind?"

HIM: "what? i couldn't get it."

ME: " i said, what are you doing? why are you sending me sweet messages, asking me for a date and asking me questions that you never asked before?"

HIM: "just simple. i like you."

ME: "uhmmm.. nevermind."

HIM: "so, can we go out? this sunday. let's go to the church and attend the mass."

ME: "i'll think about it."

after that conversation. i never texted him anymore. days gone by and i almost forgot what had happened. when i got to pass by him at school, i never looked into his eyes. i even turned my back everytime i see him and acted as if i did not saw him. i never talked to him.