¤Chapter Four: Taking it Easy¤

2nd POV

You were still at the police station finishing up some work until you decided to go to the break room to get something from the vending machine. You were still pretty worked up about the killer incident. Who could blame you other than yourself? You really did feel like you screwed up. You put everyone in danger all over again in a single night.

In that break room was the very guy who made his impression on his first day. He was leaning back against the counter, drinking his coffee before taking a quick glance at you.

You were in your own world at the moment. Lecturing yourself in your head to be more specific. After putting the appropriate amount of change into the machine, you begin to type the code for your chosen snack until he spoke up.

"The hell happened to your face?"

You turned your head to him for a moment. You were caught off guard by his approach since he clearly didn't seem like the friendly type. Even so, a question is a question. And it would've been rude to not answer.

...

"I messed up." You said as you watched your snack get pushed from their selected row until it fell for you to reach in the small vault, "..Surprised to see that the chief had a son. Especially coming to work here out of all places. Should have stayed back where you were at."

He huffs a bit and says, "Got a problem with me already?"

"No." You said, "But you made a mistake by staying here. I'm pretty sure that you know what I'm talking about."

"Cold case. I know." He said with his frown remaining on his face, ".. How long have you been working on it?"

You shrugged and replied, "A while. I've never tried putting it down."

He read your badge name and slightly scoffs as he looked away, "Should've left it alone.. Otherwise, you wouldn't be in this situation."

"Yeah, I've been told." You grabbed your snack and opened the sealed package, "But either way, the bastard is still out there, and I let him get away."

"Waiting for your ass I bet." He then said, "It's not easy coming out alive like that."

"Yeah, well, I'm not gonna make the same mistake again. I'll catch him for sure." You then said, "You don't have to believe me."

...

"Yeah.. Good luck with that." He begins to make his way out of the break room. He then muttered, "Doubt you'll catch him on time.."

You weren't able to hear the last part. You furrowed your brows as you watched him leave.

Who was that guy? And why did he come here of all places to work to serve and protect? Maybe he's familiar with the case and has his own personal reasons for being here. Probably for his father.

You couldn't blame him. Even you would do anything to keep your parents safe. You're just thankful that they live out of town where it's safe. Most parents would want to stay as close to their children as possible.

As soon as Bakugo left the break room, he silently made his way to the men's restroom. He was not happy. Not one bit.

The door was pushed open and closed shut after he walked in.

He walks over to the nearest sink and turns on the faucet to rinse his face. As the water ran, he cupped his hands and splashed the cool water into his face. He then ran his wet fingers through his spiky hair and sighed as he took a deep breath about the situation. His head was still aching from getting whacked by the back of your gun.