Chip gently traced his fingers over Gill's wounded chest, focused on weaving the magic just right to fix him up.
"I'm so impressed with you", Gill whispered to him as the wounds closed so softly he didn't even feel the sting healing magic usually left. For just learning how to heal, Chip was incredible at it in Gill's humble opinion.

"I don't want to hurt you more, it looks painful as it is", Chip said quietly and gently laid his hands flat on Gill's chest, warm and comforting to seal the magic beneath his palms.

Gillion noticed the blush on Chips face, could almost feel the static between them.
"I'm sorry", Chip suddenly whispered, his fingers curling into fists against Gill's chest as his eyes started welling with tears, his voice broke with frustration, "I'm so sorry"

Gill quickly reached for his wrists, held his hands close to his chest. "Why, what's wrong?" "Everything just turned out to be so horrible, so much worse and I-", he breathed quickly, almost hyperventilating as a sob tore from his throat, "I brought you into my mess, into this situation knowing we're so surely going to die" "Chip", Gillions voice was gentle, deep and grounding as he leaned his forehead against the brunettes, "We're not going to die, not now when almost all of it is over" "I didn't mean to bring you into danger like this, I didn't mean to-", Chip cried breathlessly, "I promise, I didn't expect any of these terrible things to happen-"

"Listen to me", Gill said firmly, catching Chips gaze with his, "Everyone knew what we'd be getting into and it's not your fault. You can't take blame for this, when you were the one to lead us through this sea like a true captain. You turned your fear into power, while Jay and I both coward at times. You were strong when nobody else was. You are the reason there wasn't greater damage."
"It doesn't feel like it", Chip whispered, voice thick with tears, "It feels like I'm a failure, like I've always been"

Gillion kissed his temple, pulled him into a hug, holding him tight. "You're anything, but a failure. You're the reason we're all still alive. I'll die on that hill, no matter if you believe me or not.", he said and felt his heart tearing apart as Chip was shaking in his arms, with heartbreaking sobs falling from his lips.

"I risked loosing you, I'll never forgive myself that-", he cried, muffled against Gill's shoulder, "I'm so sorry"
Gillion shook his head softly. "Don't apologize. I wouldn't have been missed, even if I would've-" "No! Don't even think that", Chip said and reached into Gill's hair, holding onto him for dear life, tears streaming down his face, "You would've been missed and if not by the world out there, then by me! I would've died on a broken heart, if there would've ever been the chance of you never smiling anymore, if there would've been a day without seeing you and hearing you talk"

His voice broke as he choked out more words. "You're so important and so incredible. You're that person that is larger then life. You're that person that makes me believe that my life isn't just a miserable tragedy. You're that one person I can not live without", he took a shaking breath, felt Gill's grasp around him tighten, "I love you, Gillion Tidestrider. I love you with every second passing, I love you more then the tides love the moon, I love you beyond death and whatever happens after. You are the person I would miss so terribly, I'd rather leave the face of the earth then to never see you smile again and please; believe me when I say, that you would be missed beyond words."

Gillion teared up and after a second of Chips words echoing between them, he closed the distance between their lips.
Chip sighed, felt the need in Gillions kiss rushing to kiss him back with the same urgency. It wasn't lust between them, it was adoration, longing for a place to feel openly and proudly, a home where tears weren't a burden, but a treasure.

They were a mess as they held each other's pieces together, fixing them up with the closeness and adoration.
And for the time they kissed and found an escape in each other's presence, it all really felt like it was truly going to be okay.