𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰

Jaylen Torres was the older twin sister of Mitchie Torres.

She absolutely adored her parents and helped them out with their hardware and catering business whenever she could, in addition to that she had a part time job working as a waitress in a restaurant near her home.

She worked hard every day, that barely left time for her to have a social life but she was alright with that. Whenever she got free time, she either spent it with her parents or just jamming on her guitar and ukulele thinking up songs.

Mitchie has always been somewhat bitter about being the younger twin, add to that she was jealous of Jay's skills in music. It led to the girls never having a good relationship since they were young. Jay tried though, she tried her best to protect her younger sister and take care of her even at the cost of her own desires. That was why Mitchie had the best music equipment to use in her room whenever she wanted.

Speaking of, Jay was helping her mom with breakfast that morning when they heard the music from Mitchie's room.

Connie asked with a fond smile as she watched her daughter cook the omlettes for them, "Are you excited about summer sweetheart?"

Jay smiled up at her mom, "Yeah mom, I can't wait to start singing live. We've been practicing during breaks and I gotta say, we're pretty good."

Connie chuckled at the fake pompous face she made. Earlier this year the manager of the restaurant Jay worked at told her if she wanted to sing live during rush hours, she could. Her friend played the piano and they had been non-stop practicing.

"Look what I found." Connie sighs and shows the Camp Rock pamphlet to Jay who sighed as well. Mitchie thought she was being sneaky leaving them around the house, hoping to convince their parents.

"We could use the money I saved up for her fee-" Jay started offering, a little bit reluctantly since she worked really hard for her savings.

"Absolutely not." Connie firmly denied before she even finished the sentence. "Your dad and I never said anything before when you spent your money on Mitchie but I'm gonna have to draw the line here."

Jay smiled a little at her but offered in return, "What about catering for the camp? Summer is always slow. Maybe you could speak to the Camp Director?"

Connie frowned thoughtfully, "It won't hurt to speak to them."

"Awesome!" Jay grinned at her, finally done with plating the food she made. "I gotta go though." She kissed her mum on the cheek and left hurriedly right before Mitchie came downstairs. She had to clean up her locker before classes.

Once Jay was done with her shift at the restaurant, she returned back home to see her dad, Steve, grilling burgers in the back.

"I'm here!" She tells them with a tired sigh, greeting them both with hugs and lingering a little longer with her mum. It was a long day today, she needed the comfort.

"Are you okay?" Connie asks concerned, feeling Jay lean more heavily on her when she hugged her.

Jay pulled away and smiled at them, "I'm good. Just tired, there was a new delivery today so we had to move around a lot of boxes. My arms feel like they're gonna fall off!" She dramatically flops onto the chair as her parents both chuckled at her antics.

"We've got good news! Mitchie just went upstairs after we told her but Connie's Catering is going camping!" Connie smiled at her daughter proudly, it was her idea after all.

Taking a second to process that information, Jay's eyes widened in disbelief, "It worked? You spoke to the director?" She jumped up and hugged her mom again, feeling more energetic.

"It did! He's letting you both attend at a discounted rate, if you want to go that is." Connie looked at her inquisitively. "It's a good opportunity honey." She tried persuading her daughter, this was literally once in a lifetime chance for both her little girls.

"I'll speak with Mike." Jay finally spoke with a smile, literally, she wouldn't get this chance again.

Frankly, she thought she deserved a little break from working all the time and focus on her music completely for once. 

For the rest of the story, follow me on AO3!

Tag is LetsHearMoon

See you there!