~●Finally touching grass!!●~

Toshiko opened the door. With a long, shrill creak that made me want to tear my ears out, we finally came face to face with the area beyond.

In front of us lay a massive, circular courtyard built in a Romanesque style. Tall, green hedges surrounded it and there was grass everywhere. It had a curious structure in the center, a small and round shed-like area surrounded by many arches. On the other side, we could make out another building. The sky was clear blue, littered with clouds and the entire area was bathed in sunlight.

But there was something.......off about the sky. I couldn't really put my finger on it.

"Finally, some sunlight!" Grace broke the silence.

"This courtyard...I wonder if we can escape by climbing over the hedges. The hedges are tall, but if we try looking for a rope..." Damon suggested.

"I doubt it's that easy. The devices we're wearing will probably shock us." Wolfgang reminded.

"Hmph, let's see if you're right." Grace huffed.

"Go on soybean. Climb the hedge." She turned towards Damon.

"What the-"

"Uhh, guys... don't you think there's something...off about the sky?" I spoke up.

"The...sky?" Damon questioned.

The entire time, I had been staring at the sky, trying to put my finger on what was wrong.

Suddenly, it clicked in my mind.

It almost looks like...It's caving inwards...Omg the sky is a FUCKING PANORAMA PROJECTION!!

"Indeed. Take a look at the sky." Toshiko acknowledged. Hm, she seems to have noticed this beforehand.

The rest of the group turned their heads upward, trying to figure out what was up.

"Mhm, I just noticed it. Do you guys see anything weird?" I asked. I wanted them to figure it out themselves.

"...Anything weird? No...there's nothing standing out to-"
"Wait...huh?" Damon immediately stopped short in his sentence. He further squinted his eyes.

That very moment, everybody's expression, excluding me and Toshiko went from confused to shocked.

"The sky...is curving inwards." The black haired girl with the crow feather on her headband said, clearly unsettled.

"Could it be? Are we looking at a hologram?" Wolfgang assumed.

"O-of this size? Now way... This's gotta be a 360° projection or something." Grace answered.

"You mean, the sky we're looking at...is actually a video panorama?" Damon further probed.

"That seems to be it, I got no other explanation. God, this abduction gets more sinister by the minute..." I muttered.

"If this is a 360° projection, wouldn't that mean we're inside some sort of dome?" Black haired girl deduced.

"Such is the truth I have long recognized." Toshiko sighed.

"Wait, you knew the sky was fake? Why'd you call this dumpyard the 'great outdoors'!? Grace barked.

"It was for dramatic effect. In truth, I haven't seen natural sunlight the moment I woke up here." Toshiko confessed, looking rather embarrassed.

"Ah...no sunlight? You really didn't see any windows in this building?" Wolfgang asked.

"No. None at all." Came Toshiko's reply.

"Ahhh, how gloomy. People get depressed from lack of sunlight, you know?" I commented.

Wait, that has some implications. Are our abductors planning to keep us here long-term?!