Winter

Minjeong's POV:
PAST

Karina was tutoring me as usual, she made me answer something which made my head hurt.

I hit my head which Karina noticed.

"Winter, no pressure there's no limited time or anything. "

"Winter? " I asked, confused at the unfamiliar nickname she called me with.

"I don't know why I called you that, the word winter just reminds me of you"

"Hm I'll start calling you winter from now on. "

I chuckled at how silly the nickname was

"Now back to answering the question now Winter"

______________________________________

It was Saturday, We were in a study café, all of us were reading a book, with highlighters in our hand. Me and ningning were sitting right next to each other while karina was sitting on the right sitting in front of us leaving a space for Giselle.

"I'm gonna take a break, I haven't taken a sip from my matcha. "
Ningning said with a tired sigh

"Where are ours anyways? " I asked glancing over the room to look for giselle who went to get our orders.

I saw giselle finally coming back, holding three drinks in a plastic bag. I smiled at how excited I was— I kinda think it was funny how excited I was to drink my cappuccino.

"Here is your cappuccino madame" giselle said while handing me my cappuccino. I chuckled at the french accent she faked while saying Madame.

______________________________________

Sunlee's POV:
PRESENT

I was kinda shocked at the fact that my mom's greatest love called my mom winter which is the name of my best friend. What are the chances?

______________________________________

minjeong's POV:
PAST

We've been at the study café for 6hours now.

"Oh I forgot to tell you guys-"

"My mom said she wants us to take a break and invited us to go to the countryside with my grandma. Don't worry my mom will take care of everything. "

I swear I love ningning's mom sometimes.

"How long will we stay there? "
Karina asked after taking a sip at her 4th coffee.

"Oh for 2 weeks. "

"Ohh I'm in! " giselle shouted which made the people near us look. Giselle mouthed sorry while bowing her head up and down at everyone— this girl.

"I'll have to ask mom"
"Same."

"Oh- of course. Summer break is still next month anyways"

______________________________________

                  After a month later

After practically begging my mom to let me go with my friends she finally agreed.

We were all waiting for ningning at the place she told us to wait to.

A black Jeep came, ningning came out of it; but the Jeep suddenly also leaves..?

"Ningning- the Jeep just left you" I pointed out.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you, Karina is driving. She's been at my grandmother's a few times so she knows the way. " I didn't know Karina had a car.

A fact about Karina is that she's very lowkey kind of person. One time she didn't want the teacher to know her last name back in grade 9 because she was a stranger to her.

Moments later Karina arrived, driving  a white convertible car— dang this girl was something else.

She took a look at us, noticing our outfits.

She sighed before saying "okay get in. Winter you're sitting at the front seat with me. "

I was shocked by what she said but I didn't think too much of it.

"Winter? " giselle asked while sitting next to ningning and closing the car door.

"Oh, it's her nickname for me. " I said while scratching my neck.

"Oh okay, winter" ningning said making a weird tone when she said winter.

"I'm the only who can call her that" Karina said obviously joking.

"Alright girl.. Nobody is stealing your gir-" she was cut off when I suddenly hit her shoulder. She was leaning in karina's seat behind the back so I could reach her.

"Ow! I'm sorry! " she said backing away.

There was a slight silence but Karina stopped it by suddenly driving.

"woah! Karina slow down!! " I shouted as she slowly slowed down the car.

"Are you trying to kill us bro!? " I shouted, again— hitting her shoulder.

She chuckled at my reaction as she drives at a normal speed.

        We're about to have the best              
                    summer ever .