Chapter 2: My Friend Naomi

Authors Note:

I created a playlist for this story :)

~ 𝙲𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚍 𝚆𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚁𝚒𝚋𝚜 : 𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝

Musi Link- https://feelthemusi.com/playlist/69emgj

Spotify Link- https://open.spotify.com/playlist/59FGas6tP3Mmeg9r03hbYa?si=TSYUdBu0SguRTMS98eCrmA&pi=u-vRrsN55_QlCw

Enjoy!

-

The morning was a mess, to put it simply.

"Heyyy!" Someone above you sings, casting a shadow along your slumbering form.

"Wakey, wakey!~"

You groan, peeking an eye open to gaze at the looming figure towering over you.

"Hey Mai." You murmur, recognizing the girl as someone from your art history class.

"Heyy girly, how you doin'? I love the makeup! What's on your arm? Why are you sleeping on a bench?"
She questions with a tilt of her head, her high pitched voice reminiscent of a Disney princess.

"Makeup?" You ask, not having put on any in the recent hours.

She pulls out a small compact mirror, then hands it to you.

Looking at your reflection, your nose and cheeks were extremely red, your overall complexion was paler than usual, and the redness of your eyes was not a good look for someone caught sleeping on a bench.

"Was it vodka or tequila?" Mai giggles, taking her mirror back after you had dramatically shut it like some 2000's high school girl.

"No, no, I just got locked out." You groggily explain, sitting up and rubbing your eyes.

Mai looks sympathetic, opens her mouth to say something, but another voice cuts in.

"OOOooh! [Name]! Didn't know you were one of those girls!" Some guy who's name you forgot hollers as he walks past.

You sigh, you may have been sober, but god you felt hungover.

"I'll see you later, girly! Mwah, love ya!" Mai giggles, then dances away to her morning class.

With that, you slowly stand. Your neck and back ached like a bitch, but you suck it up as you sluggishly make your way back to the residence hall. The world began to blur a tad, and you feel a bit dizzy. It was like a wave of static consuming your mind, buzzing filling your ears.

You feel like you're about to collapse by the time you get to the building. Lucky for you, your roommate was just then leaving.

"There you are." She smiles, a concern glint in her eye as she takes in your appearance, but she doesn't question you. Instead, she leads you back to your shared dorm and lets you in. As you two walked in the direction., you look down the hall. You see a door, wide open but the room inside was empty.

Helen's room.

"You've got a fever, love." Your roommate frowns, her fingers on your forehead. You blink and stare at her dumbly before the words register.

"Oh." You simply murmur, walking over to your bed with the help of your roommate's guiding hands.

"Yeah." She lays you down. "That's what happens when you sleep outside in cold weather." She slips the leather jacket from your arms, brown hair falling in wavy strands before her face before she pushes it back.