Late night

K.O walked out of Enid's house walking in between his two best friends Rad and Enid. They had just gotten done with a late night hangout. It was now way past his bedtime so, practically he was being carried out by Rad and Enid's hands. Carol was waiting outside in her car waving at the two before hopping out.
"Hey my little peanut!" She scooped up the sleepy K.O without hesitation wrapping him up with pure motherly love.
"So did he have a good time?" She said to Rad and Enid. They both thought about the night, Enid speaking up first.
"Of course K.Os Mom! Only the most uh. Appropriately aged movies for us." Enid creaked her towards Rad, trying to keep up the lie. Rad stood up straight trying to back her up.
"Yes! Pshh. Enid Wouldn't even own Zombie slayer 3D!" Carol squinted. And scrunched up her face as she slowly brought K.O to her car to buckle up. And Carol drove off K.O with a last ounce of consciousness waved to his best buds as they waved back.
Once out of sight Enid Punched Rads Shoulder with a thud. Rad recoiled to the ground.
"Rad! She definitely knows we let K.O watched a mature movie now..." Rad set himself back up right on the ground while holding on where Enid had left a small mark on his tricep.
"Hahaha!" He chucked "My bad Enid... I'm not the best at lying, you would know that." Enid chucked to herself too
"Rad you dummy." She plopped herself down beside him.
"Hey what's the big idea!" Rad pushed her with his shoulder, trying to throw her off balance. "Shhh. You'll wake the entire graveyard." She gestured to all the tombstones Surrounding her house.
"Uhuh yeah." He laughed. Enid sighed as she finished laughing just looking up at the night sky. It had been a while since she felt so happy to her ice cold heart. She almost felt herself sinking into a meditative state. Her eyes closed and she focused on her other senses. She heard the wind blowing and bats flying.  She could smell the tiniest bit of a burrito stand set up somewhere. As she felt the grass beneath her she felt something out of place. A hand that brushed agains hers. Rad hadn't realized how close he had gotten to her. When Enid had opened her eyes she saw Rads bright blue alien face.
"Oh. Uh." Enid quickly brought her hands up from the ground, Rads hands to follow.
"I didn't. Uh." Rad reached his hands behind his head and buried his head into his knees. Enid took notice and tried to play it off.
"Haha! Very funny rad. Um you totally got me. Classic Rad." She reached out for Rads shoulder to pat him, when he lifted up his head. His face was still bright blue. With sweat he tried to laugh his embarrassment off.
"Yeah! Pshhh you thought." He tried to force a smile at Enid, her not buying it scooted closer to him. Hand resting by his side as an invitation. "You know when we went on that date as kids, you were such a jerk! And it was hard for me to see you any different for a while. And it's been a long time since then. And you know your really sweet behind all that macho facade." She rubbed her hand on the grass, Rad still a little nervous carefully rested his hand on hers.
"I've said to before but I'm really sorry I ruined that date." He wrapped his hand a little tighter on hers. "I really wanted to empress you. But none of this." He said while gesturing to himself. "Every worked." Enid turned to look at him, now sitting on her knees.
"That's because dummy. I don't care about all that." She reached out her opposite hand to press on his chest
"all I've cared about is in here." Rad head almost engulfed in hot smoke starts giggling
"that's pretty cheesy you know." Enid laughs along with him.
"I know that." As they both laughed with hands interlocked lungs almost out of breath just looked at each others faces. One admiring the other. "Hey Enid can I-" Enid leaned in to kiss Rad Cutting him off.
"Oh! UH HUH." Rad sputtered. As they bother struggled to get any words out Enid's front door swung open with her parents standing in the archway.
"Enid! What's taking you so long to say goodbye?" Rad practically leapt from the ground like a scared cat using his powers to keep him afloat.
"Oh! I was just leaving. Bye Enid!" He floated up slightly closer to whisper something to her ear. Then flew away in a flash. Enid's parents walked down to stand beside her to admire the spooky moonlight as well. Enid standing in front of them was as stiff as a statue and as red as a pepper. "He is always so nice." Enid's dad said while laying a hand on his wife's shoulder. Enid's mom leaning on Enid spoke
"did anything interesting happen before we came out?"
"Nope." Enid as soon as she finished speaking vanished inside leaving only a tree stump in her place hitting the ground.
Her parents only laughed and they heading inside for the night. Sharing a kiss.

Fin-